Clipsal, CBUS documentation

emillika

Can anyone share with me how they documented their Clipsal installation? I am looking to document each channel, keypad config etc. outside the actual application. The main reason is I want to swap some 4 and 6 button keypads and having the current configs documented would make the task easier.

Any long time Clipsal vets have any tips?

Thanks.

Can anyone share with me how they documented their Clipsal installation? I am looking to document each channel, keypad config etc. outside the actual application. The main reason is I want to swap some 4 and 6 button keypads and having the current configs documented would make the task easier.

Any long time Clipsal vets have any tips?

Thanks.

The latest version of C-Bus had a bunch of documentation features added. I have not used the software for quite awhile, but I remember being impressed with their new report generators and more relevant information then the previous version of C-Bus had.

kontrol out

FYI:
There is a C-Bus to ELK M1 interface being offered by Ness Security in Australia. Plans are to offer this C-Bus interface in the US soon.

FYI:
There is a C-Bus to ELK M1 interface being offered by Ness Security in Australia. Plans are to offer this C-Bus interface in the US soon.

That is indeed great news. I had suggested to ELK that they consider offering Ness's M1-CBUS interface and I'm glad to see it will happen.

I understand that when connected to Port 0 on the M1, the M1-CBUS interface provides the ability for C-Bus to poll the M1 for system status, the ability to control the M1 via C-Bus (though I'm not sure why you would want to do so) and the ability for the M1 to receive lighting status from the C-Bus. Are these the capabilities you expect to have available?

A final question: do you have a ballpark date for the offering?

FYI:

That is indeed great news. I had suggested to ELK that they consider offering Ness's M1-CBUS interface and I'm glad to see it will happen.

I understand that when connected to Port 0 on the M1, the M1-CBUS interface provides the ability for C-Bus to poll the M1 for system status, the ability to control the M1 via C-Bus (though I'm not sure why you would want to do so) and the ability for the M1 to receive lighting status from the C-Bus. Are these the capabilities you expect to have available?

A final question: do you have a ballpark date for the offering?

Yes, when connected to port 0, the c-bus interface (V1) will receive C-bus commands/updates.

Why would you want to control the M1 via C-Bus - many reasons

My curtain has 12Vdc control. I use one switch in the room for lights and curtains.
In the garage, the door opener is connected to the M1 and I use a light switch to open the garage door via the M1.
The M1 can be armed via a c-bus switch

The list goes on.

The V1 interface loses this ability when used with a serial expander and can only send out c-bus commands. The problem is that the ethernet interface want to use port 0 as well, hence a conundrum.

The V2 interface that has recently been released resolves this issue by allowing both the Ethernet interface and C-bus interface to use the same port. The C-bus interface has two ports an in and out, where the Ethernet module is connected to.

Ness will hopefully be offering it to you US guys soon since C-bus has now been released there

Mick

Back