CQC Price Increase in 3 Weeks

FYI: There's a sticky here with all drivers in progress that end users are building and submitting in to CQC.

Broken up by "done, going to V2.0", "In Progress", and "hopefully starting soon". Links to the threads as soon as they go public beta.

Here's the list as of this moment:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers that'll be in 2.0 soon
1) Upgraded Russound Rnet Driver, Mark/toymaster
2) Integra DVD (all models), Mark/toymaster
3) mitsubishi XD400U DLp projector, znelbok
4) Optoma H79 Projector, jpants
5) Topfield pvrt 5000 personal video recorder, znelbok
6) VLC Media Player, beelzerob

Drivers in Progress, 11/16/06

1) AdvantageAir , znelbok
2) APC MasterSwitch, bph
3) BetaBrite LED Display driver, squintz
4) B&K Ref30/Ref20+/AVR202+/AVR305/AVR307, hiller
5) Classe CP-500, panos_k75, PM him if interested
6) Denon 4806 receiver , bodshal
7) Da-Lite SCB200 screens, jdmontague
8) updated DVDO Iscan HD, jpants
9) Epson Cinema 500, wuench
10) Enviracom (Honeywell) Thermostat, bph
11) GE/InterlogiX/Caddx NetworX NX-8E , jscheller
12) GE 90-30 (PLC) , znelbok
13) Horoscopes, squintz
14) Humax 5400 with ToH digital satellite STB, znelbok
15) InFocus IN74/IN76 , jonathan
16) Insteon, jonathan
18) Jandy RS Series Pool Controller, jscheller
19) LG LCD/Plasma Panel , bph, PM him if interested
20) Maxent Plasma MX-50X3 , robertmee
22) Nuvo Concerto Multizone Audio Controller, robertmee
23) Optoma HD72 projector , bodshal
25) Pixel Magic Crystalio II driver, bodshal
26) Panasonic AE9000, rritchey
27) PC5401 board for DSC PowerSeries alarm systems, jdmontague
28) Pioneer VSX-84TXVi, beelzerob
29) Pixelmagic systems Crystalio scaler, Britax
30) Resconsys (RCS) Serial Thermostat Driver, jscheller
31) Rako Lighting, panos_k75, PM him if interested
33) Sky+ UK Satellite Decoder Driver , rolecgroup
34) SlimServer, jonathan
35) SlimServer/Squeezebox driver, jonathan
36) Upgraded SageTV driver, Beelzerob
37) Temperature Logger (KitsRUs 145 / Carls CK110), bph, PM him if interested,
38) Theta Compli Universal Media Player, beelzerob
40) Ultimeter II weather station, rhamer
41) Vantage lighting control, jscheller

42) Xantech MRC-88, jscheller
43) Xantech XDT am/fm tuner, jscheller
44) xBox, znelbok
45) Yamaha RXV1600, stefand

And, in the hopefully beginning work soon so don't hold your breath but you can get excited camp:
1) Updated NetCallerID, IVB
2) Homegrown Recipe Mgmt system, IVB
3) Honeywell Enviracom communicating thermostat/zone controller, bph
4) Kenwood 400 disc mega DVD changer DV-5900M, jpants
5) Panasonic KX-TA SMDR telephone system, toymaster
6) updated autopatch (2way), IVB
7) CallerID via Asterisk PBX, jonathan
8) XMRadio Online, jonathan
9) Sony PFM-42B1 Plasma, bryanb

Dean Roddey said:
Actually there is a new Slimserver driver being tested out by a few users, and they seem very happy with it.
So Homseer supports Stargate but not SlimServer and CQC supports SlimServer but not Stargate. Makes for a difficult choice... especially with the clock ticking and the purchase window shrinking!

There is a thread on the support forum that contains a list of in development drivers. Since there's no guarantee that any driver under development will actually ever be completed, I'm a little iffy on advertising them formally before they are ready for use.

Out of the list Vivek posted, a good number of those are already in the 2.0 beta. In the first list, all butt #6. In the ohter list the NX8, Jandy, HD72, Crystalio, RCS, Vantage, the two Xantechs, and Betabrite are also already added to the beta.

TCassio said:
So if CQC can meet my needs I will gladly go that route. From what I read here, CQC is very stable, has great support, and releases and new features keep coming. I just hope CQC remains on this path as Homeseer and Cinemar once had all these attributes but no longer do.
TCassio-

So what did you end up deciding? You and Electron both seem to be running away from Homeseer but is CQC where you are headed? Is it Homeseer or MainLobby that you are most unhappy with?

I was leaning towards Homeseer because of the Stargate plugin but keep running into folks like you who make me hesitate to go that way.

TCassio said:
So if CQC can meet my needs I will gladly go that route. From what I read here, CQC is very stable, has great support, and releases and new features keep coming. I just hope CQC remains on this path as Homeseer and Cinemar once had all these attributes but no longer do.
TCassio-

Did you decide if you are going with CQC? I like the fact that there is now Insteon and Slimserver support but I am having a hard time getting past the lack of Stargate support or an alternative phone interface (similiar to Homeseer Way-To-Call). I know CQC is strong in touch screen and Home theater but I don't see myself using either of those features in the forseeable future.

Not a clear cut decision and the clock is ticking....

Upstate,
I've decided to stay with what I have. Homeseer meets my needs and seems pretty stable now, and Mainlobby will be my front end. My reasons are these. CQC would not meet all my personal needs right now, and If I'm am going to pay $500 for software it should meet all my needs now. I really liked what CQC had to offer in terms of the community and support. I plan on buying a new house in about 2 years, I may make a change then. I have alot of time invested in my current setup and don't want to have to start over right at the moment.

I always thought CQC was to expensive but I am reconsidering it. I agree that the support seems to be there from Dean and many of his loyal users but its still a a large investment.

The ELK can do all of the home automation I need but not home theater. I am not sure its worh the investment for the home theater. I looked back at powerhome but could not even get it to launch (a lot of errors in the setup procedure) so that may not be a viable option. I emailed the support email address and never got an answer.

I guess I will look at Homeseer and Mainlobby next and then decide.

dbinaz said:
I am in the same boat as well. HS&ML or CQC which doesn't support UPB yet (or does it?)
Derek,

As was mentioned in another thread, if you are using an Elk panel you are probably best off using UPB thru that and controlling that via CQC. Frankly I do not understand all the concern from people with hardware panels that some of this software does not support these things directly (yet). Even if CQC did support UPB, I would still have it setup thru Elk as I do now. As long as the software has a good drive and connectivity to your panel, you are good to go. Of course others will tell you they prefer to use the software solution, but I am firmly in the camp that if my HW panel can do it, thats my first choice.

Yes, you did say that. I apologize. I forgot.
I guess the thing is, the ppl that have the concerns don't understand that you can do that and how. I thought CQC and others were a means into the hardware to "talk" to it. Maybe an explanation is order to rectify this once and for all.

Derek

Hardware (like the M1) is much less likely to have a problem compared to a Software based setup.

Ok I was about to type something stupid but I will put here for a laugh anyway:

"If your power goes out you would still have the battery backup on your M1 for your lighting control....... :lol: "

But in all seriousness a hardware based control is a lot less likely to go down in a critical time. For autmation there isnt much I would want to do that I cant do with the M1 so I might not get any software based automation control. Other people might have greater needs then me and it makes sense for them.

I guess the thing is, the ppl that have the concerns don't understand that you can do that and how. I thought CQC and others were a means into the hardware to "talk" to it. Maybe an explanation is order to rectify this once and for all.

They definitely are. But no product can provide drivers for everything, so any one person may find that a given product doesn't support something that they have. In our case, because so many of our customers are using and M1 or Omni Pro II, we've just chosen for the latter part of this year to concentrate on other things, more fundamental things really. No matter how many devices an automation product supports, having the tools to make them all dance is even more important. So we've spent a lot of time for our 2.0 release working on those tools and it's made a huge difference. We also concentrated heavily on taking a big step forward in the media management area and in our user interface system.

Once 2.0 goes out, we'll get back to some drivers like UPB, and will take our Z-Wave driver up another notch. And there's already an Insteon driver. We just had to prioritize some other things first.

Back