CQC Webex on Saturday, 8:30am PST?

IVB

Given all the recent chatter about CQC, and given that my wife is making me do all this junk on Saturday starting at 2pm, I may as well do something I enjoy if there's anyone interested.

I can do a 60-90 minute webex on Saturday 8:30am PST if anyone wants. JKMonroe over on cqc wants a walkthrough of zWave and my 1way webserver pages, but I can also do an overview & intro if folks want.

Post back here if interested, i'll figure out the webex details. I just purchased a 10user annual license, but there's a CQC'er who's got a 25user license if we need more than that (which we historically have).

IVB said:
Given all the recent chatter about CQC, and given that my wife is making me do all this junk on Saturday starting at 2pm, I may as well do something I enjoy if there's anyone interested.

I can do a 60-90 minute webex on Saturday 8:30am PST if anyone wants. JKMonroe over on cqc wants a walkthrough of zWave and my 1way webserver pages, but I can also do an overview & intro if folks want.

Post back here if interested, i'll figure out the webex details. I just purchased a 10user annual license, but there's a CQC'er who's got a 25user license if we need more than that (which we historically have).
I would be interested in joining you - it would be a great opportunity to learn about CQC.

i'll post the meeting ID and conference call phone # as soon as I get it from klindy, who's got the 25user account.

Cool. Between all the various forums I've posted on, it sounds like a good group of 5-10 folks or so looking to get their minds around HA using CQC. Let me refine the objectives and agenda so we're all on the same page. It's not restricted to newbies or potential users either - if you bought CQC or have already started the trial, you may find value in attending this session.

Check back later today/tonight for the actual gotomeeting URL and the telephone # for the conference call.

I'll use the same agenda that I did for the last "How I HA using the Elk & CQC" session in December. Takes about 90mins, try and show up on time as I'll cover the foundation first. Not a huge issue if you can't, but you might be a little lost for a bit. Note that although i'm certainly willing to take questions during the meeting, this webex will be slightly different from the norm in that we won't be spending excessive time on any one area or addressing any one persons questions. The goal of this meeting is to provide you an overview about how I accomplished total world domination, or at least complete home control, using CQC and the Elk automation panel. If you want to know why your system isn't working quite right, or spend 10-20 mins getting some help setting up your system, you should attend both this session to learn, and the "normal" CQC User Group webex on 3/31.

Requested but not mandatory prep
1) Read chapter 1 of this doc - i'll be referencing that during the intro.
2) As many of the tutorial videos as you can stand. There's 24 of them now, ideally watch all 4 of the installation ones and the first 2 of the action, event, and graphical interface sections. That's 10 total.

Agenda
"Intro"
This portion will familiarize you with how I did HA, what bits of which programs I used where to accomplish my goals.
- My personal reasons for HA, my architecture (5mins)
- Overall system components overview (15mins)
- CQC High-Level Overview & when to use each program(10 mins)

"Applied Theory" (60mins)
(this portion will help you understand what to do after you finish installing it on your PC, and how to make it do what you want to do. I'll cover the major aspects, as each person is likely to have different goals)
- CQC Admin Interface (how to tell CQC what hardware and software you have)
- CQC Interface Building (how to create an interface to display and control your hw/sw)
- CQC Event Engine (scheduled events like HVAC, triggered events like IR receipt)
- CQC Media Repository Engine (aka CDs and DVDs)

"Theory of Elk" (10mins)
- Setting up an Elk/ElkRP overview
- Setting up Automation rules inside the Elk

"Elk/CQC Integration" (20 mins)
- Getting the Elk and CQC to work together to accomplish something based on a physical occurence (ie, turn off all the A/V & HVAC & ... if the security system is armed. Turn on a light if there's motion/closet door is opened)

If anyone is interested I have a CQC full package for sale at what I paid for it (never took possesion from CQC). See my thread. Its $495 (that was my cost) and Dean will send you the key once I confirm to him that you paid.

np. If you opt to continue with CQC, you can always ask questions either on the forum or in the chat room (#cqc, actually hosted on the cocoontech chat server). The next regularly scheduled webex is 3/31, but if today's crew of 7ish total newbies wants another one well before their 30 days is up, post the request either here or on the cqc forum and me/jkmonroe/etc will see what we can do.

Back