Crestron touch pannel

avtech

hello all;

I was referred to this forum through a member at the promixis forum.

I have an old crestron CTP-3000 EL touch screen that I would like to experiment with.
It has an RS-232 interface on it, so I should be able to talk to it.
Does anyone have or know where I can get a .PDF of the manual?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Any help greatly appreciated.
If you don't have any other Crestron gear you'll probably be underwhelmed by what you can do with the panel. It won't do much on its own other than display screens and tell you what virtual screen button was pressed, plus you will need to find a way to get your hands on some Crestron software just to program the screen layout into the panel.

Crestron has made it all but impossible for hobbyists to program/maintain their own gear; you can't get their software or any firmware updates unless you're a dealer or certified independent Crestron programmer, and you can't become an independent programmer unless you are "sponsored and have a minimum of 2 years audio/visual industry experience."

I can understand that they want to preserve their brand quality, but even Apple didn't go that far back in the old days of the Mac. Crestron acts more like the game console manufacturers than a traditional software/hardware vendor.

Back