Desire to start automating lighting

Well, I have ruled out UPB due to buzzing. My husband and son have bionic ears and this project would not have a good HAF if he heard a buzz every time a light went on.
Have you personally heard the switches or are you going off of posts you have read? I would encourage you to at least listen for yourself if at all possible. Just like switch quality, look&feel, etc., the buzzing is very subjective. Personally, I have very good hearing also and I almost never hear my UPB switches. The only time I ever hear them is if I get my head right up by the wall near the switch and listen for it. I also believe there is a big difference between actually living with them on a daily basis vs listening specifically for the buzz. If you tune things out completely and focus on the buzz, you will make yourself hear it, but in everyday living it is almost impossible to hear. Just my $.02 after living with them for 6 months.

ginnytr said:
I was thinking that Insteon would be a future option for anything we added later that wasn't hard-wired. But I'm sure the non-child proof programming would be a problem at some point.
I think the "child messing up the programming" is just speculation at this point. Can anybody document an instance of this ever actually happening?

Back