difficulty with Lightning Detector board

savannahwx

Good morning, all.
After purchasing a lightning detector board and USB 1-wire adapter from Hobby-Boards.com, I have found that I can not get the lightning board to be detected from within Weather Display, or the default 1-wire viewer from Davis/Maxim. The USB adapter works fine, but even after multiple attempts, that's all I can see from within the 1-wire viewer.

Being new at this, maybe I am missing something very basic. I verified the correct pin outs before crimping on an RJ-45 on one end of a Cat5e and an RJ 11 on the other end. I also tried using a RJ 12 (6p-6c) just to make sure the adapter wasn't "needing" that, but still, no luck.

I've used multiple network cables, and even some phone wiring I had, just to try that route...still, nothing. I've made sure there is a 9v already in the board before connecting in case it need that first as well.
I am using Windows Vista 64-bit, and downloaded, what I assume to be the correct drivers from Maxim, as the adapter itself works fine(or at least is detected with a ROM ID fine). Is there any chance I have a bad board? Again, being new, maybe I am missing something....

Thanks to anyone in advance,
Scott

Good morning, all.
After purchasing a lightning detector board and USB 1-wire adapter from Hobby-Boards.com, I have found that I can not get the lightning board to be detected from within Weather Display, or the default 1-wire viewer from Davis/Maxim. The USB adapter works fine, but even after multiple attempts, that's all I can see from within the 1-wire viewer.

Being new at this, maybe I am missing something very basic. I verified the correct pin outs before crimping on an RJ-45 on one end of a Cat5e and an RJ 11 on the other end. I also tried using a RJ 12 (6p-6c) just to make sure the adapter wasn't "needing" that, but still, no luck.

I've used multiple network cables, and even some phone wiring I had, just to try that route...still, nothing. I've made sure there is a 9v already in the board before connecting in case it need that first as well.
I am using Windows Vista 64-bit, and downloaded, what I assume to be the correct drivers from Maxim, as the adapter itself works fine(or at least is detected with a ROM ID fine). Is there any chance I have a bad board? Again, being new, maybe I am missing something....

Scott

Scott,

If you have triple checked the wiring then you may have a bad unit. If you contact [email protected] with your order number we will get you taken care of.

Eric

Many thanks! I'll get something to you guys soon.
Scott

Good morning, all.

Scott

Scott,

If you have triple checked the wiring then you may have a bad unit. If you contact [email protected] with your order number we will get you taken care of.

Eric

Back