Diginet Site DYNDNS redirect?

deezy

Since I have setup my site, I have to go to my router via remote access when I'm away to get my current IP to connect to my site w/ Diginet Center. I see on the center you must enter an IP address, so now i'm wondering if a can even dns redirect the ip for my modem to a free dyndns account. Not having to lookup my ip everytime I want to connect would be great!

Thanks to all replys

I don't know what Diginet is, but if you want to connect to a site with a dynamic IP, then it's not a problem with dyndns. I've been using them for years.

deezy said:
I have to go to my router via remote access when I'm away to get my current IP
not sure what Diginet is either, and maybe I'm missing something . . . but how do you get to your router without the current IP ? ? ?

and wouldn't you enter the DYNDNS IP in 'Diginet Center' . . .

Pete C

I get to my router through my dyndns name. the problem is with the diginet center, when entering a new profile to connect to, you have to enter an IP address. thus you cant use a dyndns name, however I did find a dyndns portion on the center but not sure if it will resolve my issue. bc its not on the profile connection window.

do a ping (or tracert) on your dyndns name . . . this should give you the static ip your dyndns service is using to redirect to your dynamic one. . .

pete said:
do a ping (or tracert) on your dyndns name . . . this should give you the static ip your dyndns service is using to redirect to your dynamic one. . .
Pete,

That's not the way Dyndns works. It sets up a DNS A record pointing to your dynamic IP with a short TTL so that changes will take effect quickly. You have client software that updates dyndns records when your IP changes. There's no static IP involved.

Deezy,

Did you try a domain name instead of an IP? It might work.

Why don't you contact this company and ask about dynamic IP support?

Back