Do I need 20A04-2UPG?

Since all 3 sensors are not working, my thoughts go to what is common to all 3. Starting with the basics, please check the following (with the panel powered down):

1. The Hardwire Expander is properly connected via the 20 pin ribbon connector.
2. The addr jumper in the upper left corner is set to 1 (first 2 pins |:::lol:.
3. The sensors are connected to the + terminal of Z14, Z15 and Z16 on the board. These are located on the top row, right side.

A VERY common error seems to be connecting to the wrong row on the Hardwire Expander. I guess we should have made the top row left side Z1?

Any how if everything appears to be connected properly, I would next verify the basic operation of the Hardwire Expander by putting a resistor across one of the unused Zones. from your screen shots it appears that Zones 28 and 29 are not used. Temporarily name then and put a 1K resistor across on of them. Go to the status page in PC Access and verify that the zone with the resistor shows "~147 secure", and the zone without the resistor is reading "0 not ready".

NOTE: Temperature and Humidity zones are only updated every 30 seconds (I believe) so the readings may not appear for a minute or so after the panel boots.

Since all 3 sensors are not working, my thoughts go to what is common to all 3. Starting with the basics, please check the following (with the panel powered down):

1. The Hardwire Expander is properly connected via the 20 pin ribbon connector.
2. The addr jumper in the upper left corner is set to 1 (first 2 pins |:::lol:.
3. The sensors are connected to the + terminal of Z14, Z15 and Z16 on the board. These are located on the top row, right side.
1. I verified the expander ribbon connector is propery connected as the other zones i have wired to it are working properly (17, 18, 23, 24).
2. It's at 1 AFAIK, but will double check tonight when I get home.
3. They're all connected to the + pin on the top right 3 zones on the board - 14, 15 and 16.

A VERY common error seems to be connecting to the wrong row on the Hardwire Expander. I guess we should have made the top row left side Z1?

Any how if everything appears to be connected properly, I would next verify the basic operation of the Hardwire Expander by putting a resistor across one of the unused Zones. from your screen shots it appears that Zones 28 and 29 are not used. Temporarily name then and put a 1K resistor across on of them. Go to the status page in PC Access and verify that the zone with the resistor shows "~147 secure", and the zone without the resistor is reading "0 not ready".

NOTE: Temperature and Humidity zones are only updated every 30 seconds (I believe) so the readings may not appear for a minute or so after the panel boots.
I'll try some other zones on the top row since the only thing connected there are the temp/humidity sensors. This has to be simple, right? :)

I'll try some other zones on the top row since the only thing connected there are the temp/humidity sensors. This has to be simple, right? :)

This made me think of something: have you checked to make sure the terminal strip is secure to the board? I've accidentally popped one of mine off while connecting a zone.

This made me think of something: have you checked to make sure the terminal strip is secure to the board? I've accidentally popped one of mine off while connecting a zone.

Good idea! I'll check that too, but it sure looked secure, and the pins that come out of the bottom of those terminal strips are pretty long...

Interesting fact - Extended Temperature and Extended Temp/Humidity sensors can't be externally powered. :lol:

I make a habit of hooking up anything that's "aux 12v" to an external power connection (namely the ELK-PD9), but apparently these sensors require direct connections to AUX on the board. Once I hooked them up there, everything is now recording correctly. After I figured this out, I tried tying the ground on the PD9 to the ground on the AUX on the Omni, didn't make a difference - you have to hook up both +12v and Ground from the sensors to the board.

May I suggest updating the instructions? I didn't even think to include this tidbit previously.

Interesting fact - Extended Temperature and Extended Temp/Humidity sensors can't be externally powered. :rolleyes:

I make a habit of hooking up anything that's "aux 12v" to an external power connection (namely the ELK-PD9), but apparently these sensors require direct connections to AUX on the board. Once I hooked them up there, everything is now recording correctly. After I figured this out, I tried tying the ground on the PD9 to the ground on the AUX on the Omni, didn't make a difference - you have to hook up both +12v and Ground from the sensors to the board.

May I suggest updating the instructions? I didn't even think to include this tidbit previously.
The extended range sensors should have no problem being powered by an auxiliary supply. The Elk-PD9 is actually a power distribution module that distributes either AC or DC input power to individually fused outputs. Were you using a separate 12V DC power supply as the input power to the PD9, or did you connect the AUX 12V power from the controller to the PD9? If using a separate power supply, the ground of that supply definitely needs to be connected to the controller ground, and both the positive and negative output terminals on the PD9 need to be connected to the sensors. Make sure you don't use a 12V AC power supply or transformer as the input power to the PD9.

The extended range sensors should have no problem being powered by an auxiliary supply. The Elk-PD9 is actually a power distribution module that distributes either AC or DC input power to individually fused outputs. Were you using a separate 12V DC power supply as the input power to the PD9, or did you connect the AUX 12V power from the controller to the PD9? If using a separate power supply, the ground of that supply definitely needs to be connected to the controller ground, and both the positive and negative output terminals on the PD9 need to be connected to the sensors. Make sure you don't use a 12V AC power supply or transformer as the input power to the PD9.

I have a 1.5A 12v, center pin positive, wall transformer plugged into the PD-9. I initially had the sensors hooked up to individual outputs on the PD9 for power, then the zone input on the 'H' or 'T' output of the sensors. That didn't work. So, I tried to connect the power of the sensor to the AUX power on the board, and that resulted in a working sensor.

The PD9 has a "barrel" type connector for power or two screw down terminals. I plugged the wall transformer into the wall, plugged it into the barrel connector on the PD9, and measured the screw down terminals to check for proper polarity. Then I connected a wire from the ground side of the screw down terminals on the PD9 to the negative terminal of the AUX connector on the board. Then I tried to hook the sensor back up to the PD9, and it didn't work again. Throughout all of this, I measured between 12 and 16 volts AT THE ACTUAL SENSOR +/- connections as well as the output of the PD9.

Both the wall wart for the panel and this 12v transformer are plugged into the same outlet. The main ground for the panel is hooked up to the ground wire in this outlet.

I should also mention I have 4 motions and 3 glass breaks hooked up to this PD9, and they work fine.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the temp sensors have to be powered by the board, unless something else is happening that I can't think of...

Back