Does anyone use 4+ audio inputs for alarms in DVR yet?

essp2003

I see the newer dvr multiple audio input cards and would think it would be an invaluable sense to exploit for alarm intelligence.

As well seeing some capture cards and dvr's coming out with 4, 8, 16 audio inputs.
It would seem to precede vision in many cases, and sometimes could alarm without vision, especially in well insulated home.

By the audio inputs, you could have more intelligent warning systems that take into account multiple sounds for multiple intruders, etc...
so you could have meaningful messages when you wake up instead of looking at every thing lit up.
As well capturing trends of neighbors by survey could help you schedule around conflicts for harmonious cohabitation.

I'm assuming dvr seperate harddrive with dvd backup would be optimal with all the peripherals and sound historical trends are not easy to space out on 10fps, and also use workstation video especially if dual inputs like Samsung flat screens and Matrox dual/quad video cards. It could use everything except the dual Raid 0 15k scsi hd's, and thus use linux for efficiency as well in dvr.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Curtis at Bluecherry is programming linux zoneminder now with the 4 video / 4 audio capture card. Just dummy sound would be nice for every camers, but in the city, sound is almost as much of a warning as vision in many cases. Since sound is so much more complex, there could be opportunities for various devices to be filtered on alarm priorities. A whole new ballgame imo since sound is an energy force as well on upper and lower ends of audible range, and could warn about audio pain weapons, subsonics and ultrasonics (or subwoofers, and multiple phased car alarms).

Thanks!!

Done it however from a professionals point of veiw you need to be VERY careful with how you do it.

In your own home DIY, go to town! I can get the mics to you for like $20 use the same RG59 a camera would.

Done it however from a professionals point of veiw you need to be VERY careful with how you do it.

In your own home DIY, go to town! I can get the mics to you for like $20 use the same RG59 a camera would.

I assume you are talking about recording conversations liability. That is not a goal at all for myself.

Did you compare sounds and other intelligence with the audio mixed with vidieo, and how did you do that? Is it all programming and devices, or cards and hardware?

You have an interesting site with new hardware I'm not aware of. I will 'try' to investigate these components while contemplating what I really want and/or need. I want simplistic start up features with expandable capabilities later. Your components seem to make sense, but I still don't know how you would compare sounds for intelligence yet, and may take another type card - ???

Thank You!

Back