dyndns.com down?

I have a total of 4 domain registrations, all pointing to my hosted sites:

fudaserve.net
fudaserve.com
babieswithglasses.org
infantswithglasses.org

I used to have fudaserve.com registered with no-ip.com, but it started getting too expensive - at least from a value perspective - so I killed everything i had with them when my contract expired (domain registration, pop3 email and smtp, and dynamic dns) and it's likely now there free stuff won't work for me since it'll use one of their domains that are now blocked. I'm getting 3 years of hosted service with unlimited gi-normous email accounts and 10Gb web space for about 50% more than I was paying for 1 year of service with no-ip and using my own server.

Anyway, Jon00's script is a very elegant solution that only takes a little bit of work to get up and going, and I bet it can be modified for use outside of HomeSeer rather easily. It's available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=102644 , perhaps you should giveit a try, Chuck.

I use one of DynDNS's paid services to handle my registered domain names. An advantage to this is that I can add as many hostnames as I want. I have the usual mail. and www., with my router doing the usual port redirection.

I use Reverse Proxy on the designated www (port 80) machine to detect the host name and redirect requests as appropriate. Thus, control.mydomain.com is redirected to my HomeSeer machine, frontyard. and backyard. are redirected to the respective IP cameras, and music. is redirected to SlimServer.

- Dennis Brothers

I have my domains with Godaddy, and use ZoneEdit to take care of the DNS (mail forwarding, etc, all included). My IP hasn't changed in 2 or 3 years.

Back