Ebay and Nuvo items

Sendero

Hope this is an appropriate forum for this post.

Anyone bought a Nuvo Grand Concerto from an e-bay seller? I see a bunch of them including keypads for a really low price. Does Nuvo provide a warranty on these? or only for purchases from a licensed retailier? Seems like purchasing with a credit card through paypal would provide at least some protection against getting a used system. Thoughts?

yeah, I've seen those ebay deals too, but you have to consider what the warranty is worth to you... I had a t2fg replaced by nuvo (they have awesome customer support) and they shipped me one next day air which I got before I even shipped mine back to them, of course though they did want to see my purchase invoice before all of that happened, so having purchased from an authorized dealer (Automated Outlet!) really worked out for me. I'm not sure how an ebay dealer could produce an invoice for you, and about the credit card thing, I don't know which have that, so be sure to check and make sure.. I know my amex card has a policy where they extend warranties for an extra year, but that was contingent on me buying it through a store (they didn't cover ebay purchases) so check with your credit card company on that as well... I know about the sticker shock you see on these systems, but shoot martin an email at automated outlet, and ask him if he can work out a deal for you, he really is a very reasonable guy.

I guess I'm still not clear on whether there is a warranty on the purchases through e-bay. What does Nuvo require for proof of purchase and do they require it to be an authorized dealer?

I'll give Martin an e-mail and see what he says, but these prices on e-bay seem hard to beat if there is a warranty on them.

I guess I'm still not clear on whether there is a warranty on the purchases through e-bay. What does Nuvo require for proof of purchase and do they require it to be an authorized dealer?

I'll give Martin an e-mail and see what he says, but these prices on e-bay seem hard to beat if there is a warranty on them.

Why don't you give Nuvo a call and ask them?

I think it boils down to if the ebay seller is an authorized dealer. If they are then you may be ok but Nuvo will most definitely check where you got it before doing any warranty work. As Mike said, check with Nuvo first, sometimes those great deals turn out to be bad deals in the end. Nuvo is excellent at customer svc and warranty work if you go through the right channels.

Why don't you give Nuvo a call and ask them?

Now thats a good idea :) I just figured someone here would know but thats a good idea to go straight to the source

Back