ELK-930 Doorbell Detector Question

Scott12v

I installed the ELK-930 doorbell ring detector using installation method #2 in the instructions which allows each of my doorbells to be detected separately.

Everything seems to work BUT in order to see the voltage change in the ElkRP software, I have to hold the doorbell button in for about 5 seconds.

In ElkRP, I have it set as Normally Open.

Any Ideas? Obviously, I'm expecting a single touch of the doorbell to trigger the voltage drop in ElkRP.

Thanks,
Scott

The ELK-930 is powered by the switch circuit and not the Doorbell side of the circuit. Mine worked fine with a X10 Powerflasher but not a WGL PF8. The sensing voltage was not enough to power the 930. One thing I did find with the Powerflasher is the polarity markings on the case is for a low voltahge trigger. When set to dry contacts the internal sensing voltage was reversed. So with the Powerflasher I had to connect the + and - reversed.
Though since they are both from ELK one would think it would work and my findings should not be a factor.

Just a guess, but maybe assigning the zone as fast loop response will help. You can then adjust this under globals, default is 40ms the slow loop is default 400ms...

Viewing status from ELKRP requires the state of the switch or opening to remain constant for a few seconds. The status is sent to ELKRP every few seconds, but if it violates and restores between status transmissions, the ELKRP may not show a change. A better way to look at the status is with User Menu Option 5, Zone Status. Set the zone to be viewed for the zone in question and the status should show up very quickly.

Spanky said:
Viewing status from ELKRP requires the state of the switch or opening to remain constant for a few seconds. The status is sent to ELKRP every few seconds, but if it violates and restores between status transmissions, the ELKRP may not show a change. A better way to look at the status is with User Menu Option 5, Zone Status. Set the zone to be viewed for the zone in question and the status should show up very quickly.

Thanks! This was the problem. Using the panel to watch the status worked much better. I didn't realize ELKRP needed a few seconds to recognize the status change.

Back