Elk announce the ELK-WSV water shutoff valve

rfdesq said:
politics123 said:
Can I power this through a Cat5, or do I need a larger gauge wire?
18 gauge 4 conductor wire is specified.
Thank you for wire-guage specs. I also took a more thorough review of the specs: separate power supply required.

I agree with Spanky, high-quality vavles are expensive. However, manufacturers make similar products for different OEMs. Take a look at the following one and tell me if the picture looks familiar :)

http://assuredautomation.com/101/buy_101.php

The 1" wide, 12V DC version quotes out at $309.

EDIT: A 1" AC version is $286

I read the specs on this one and it says it is a brass valve. The Elk one says it is stainless steel. It may be made by the same company but it does appear to be a different valve.

I have one of the assured automation valves, as the Elk did not offer a 1 1/4" version. It's a different version than the one above though. The one I purchased was model number F101NXR4F. It also is a brass valve and stem, and nickle plated brass body.

I have it hooked up to my Elk, and have been happy with it. The downside was that it was rather expensive, but I didn't have many options for the 1 1/4" supply into the house.

Sacedog, you couldn't just change the diameter of the water line, at the valve?

I'm asking, not questioning. :)

Sacedog, you couldn't just change the diameter of the water line, at the valve?

I'm asking, not questioning. :)

Well, that was my question to the plumber too. He strongly recommended that I didn't do that (I acutally already had the Elk valve in hand at the time) due to the size of the house. I'm not very knowledgable in hydronic engineering :p so I took his word for it. It would make sense that a larger line could supply more gpm, assuming that the pressure was constant.

I have one of the assured automation valves.......

How long has it been in service now? Still pleased with the performance and reliability? Also, do you have any rules to "exercise" the valve - ie turn it off and back on once per week/month?

Elk has October Special for the valve. Buy one get 6 relays free.

Buy Water Shutoff Valve, Get 6 Relays Free
Water Shutoff Valve
ELK-WSV 6 Relays
ELK-912B6
Stop water damage caused by leaking or broken pipes and hoses from washing machines, toilets, water heaters, etc.
Professional Grade, electrically operated water shutoff valve for both residential and commercial use
Simple 12 VDC, Four (4) Conductor Hookup
Rapid Action - Opening or Closing
Stainless Ball Valve Safe for Drinking Water
Integrates to Security or Automation Controller (e.g. Elk-M1 Gold or M1EZ8)
Can be Integrated with a Simple “Easy†Button

Ideal for general purpose switching of devices or high current loads
6 Pack of SPDT (Form “Câ€) Relays
12 or 24 Vdc Selectable Operation
Low current draw
Voltage input LED
High Quality Cross-head Terminals
Lifetime Limited Warranty

Ranger Digital,
How do you integrate this ELK-WSV with simple "easy" button or any wireless water sensor (example: Z-Wave)? Do I have to use other Elk products?

Thanks
Sutomo

I have one of the assured automation valves.......

How long has it been in service now? Still pleased with the performance and reliability? Also, do you have any rules to "exercise" the valve - ie turn it off and back on once per week/month?

I have had it installed for about a year now, and so far it has been just fine. I don't have any rules to excercise it, but that is probably a good idea...one more thing to add to "the list". I seem to get a couple of items checked off each week, but always end up replacing them with other things. ;)

Sut, I have never installed one. but NO you dont have to use Elk products to make this work, although they prefer it, lol.

Any automation system should have a way to make it work. As far as an "easy" button, that would be easy with a few lines of programming/configuring in your automation system. In HAI I would create a button and have that on iphone or a switch on the wall that triggers an event programmed in HAI. Or with mainlobby, make a button and then its EASY to shut the valve on or off.

Is that what you mean? There are many many ways to trigger a contact.

rfdesq said:
politics123 said:
Can I power this through a Cat5, or do I need a larger gauge wire?
18 gauge 4 conductor wire is specified.
Thank you for wire-guage specs. I also took a more thorough review of the specs: separate power supply required.

I agree with Spanky, high-quality vavles are expensive. However, manufacturers make similar products for different OEMs. Take a look at the following one and tell me if the picture looks familiar ;)

http://assuredautomation.com/101/buy_101.php

The 1" wide, 12V DC version quotes out at $309.

EDIT: A 1" AC version is $286

I read the specs on this one and it says it is a brass valve. The Elk one says it is stainless steel. It may be made by the same company but it does appear to be a different valve.

Try this link: http://assuredautomation.com/26/buy_26.php

Back