ELK/CADDX hardware list? What's missing?

MRL

I am about to place an order for a wireless ELK/CADDX system and came up with the following hardware list:
ELK M1GSYS4
NX 448E 48-zone wireless board
NX 469 enclosure for wireless board
W035A connect cable for NX 448E to ELK
NX 454 White micro door/window unit
ELK M1XEP Ethernet interface
ELK M1XZW ZWave interface
NX 491NT Smoke detector
NX 481 motion detector pet immunity
Am I missing anything?
Is the ELK M1DBH data hub necessary? I have a wired smoke detector to connect to the ELK and only the keypad wires to connect. The NX 448E connects via the W035a cable.
At this time I do not see any other wired connections.
Is a surge protector recommended? I have battery backup for my PCs but since the ELK comes with a battery, I guess a surge protector is all that is needed - or do some connect the ELK to a UPS?

You can mount the NX 469 in the can but Elk recommends it to be outside of the can for optimal distance and coverage. And for the price you might as well.

speakers for voice announcements
What speaker comes with the M1GSYS4? Is it only a siren? Do I need a separate voice speaker or do I need to replace the included speaker with one that handles siren and voice? Does anything need to be added to the M1GSYS4 to handle a voice or combination speaker?

MRL said:
What speaker comes with the M1GSYS4? Is it only a siren? Do I need a separate voice speaker or do I need to replace the included speaker with one that handles siren and voice? Does anything need to be added to the M1GSYS4 to handle a voice or combination speaker?
The included speaker is for interior use and handles both voice & siren functions. You may eventually want more speakers for better distribution inside. You may want an exterior siren.

I have found that only one speaker inside the house (even when raising the volume) cannot be understood clearly in other rooms of the house. I bought two more speakers (with microphone and 2-way interface) to better distribute the sound and also to hear inside my house in case of a real burglar situation.

They are they waiting to be installed - need to find a weekend for installing this and several other parts.

There is a plastic box available from GE/Caddx for the NX-408,16,48 RF receiver which allows for remoting the RF receiver away from the M1 Control. This can give extra range from the wireless door and window transmitters.

How far can the NX 448E be mounted from the ELK system panel? I guess what I'm asking is how long is the W035A wire harness to connect the two units?

I mounted mine about 30 or 40 feet away. Obviously I had to extend the harness. My panel is in the basement and I put the receiver in a room that is a converted garage. Works perfectly.

I mounted mine about 30 or 40 feet away. Obviously I had to extend the harness.
How many wires are in the harness? I also would like to mount the NX-448E away from the ELK. What should I buy to do that?

Back