Elk Doorbell module problem with HAI

ChrisS

I am an HAI user and have been fighting a problem with the Elk Doorbell sensor not working with it. Anybody had this issue or am I missing something really simple. I can't see a simple contact closure on the Elk Detector when the doorbell is rung but I can see it if I put a meter on Diode Check.
Do I have to add some more circuitry to the setup? I have not read about the problem anywhere so I'm guessing its a user error.
I have read there is a timing issue if the doorbell is not held but that is not the case here as even if I hold the doorbell solid I still cannot get the HAI to actually see the closure.

Thanks for any insite on this. Chris

I don't know how the HAI inputs work. Do they pull the input to ground to change a zone state? My first guess would be to look for something like that.

Remember that doorbell detector does not produce a contact closure, instead it has a open collector output so the HAI inputs have to be compatible with that.

I dont know other than each one has its + and Neg terminal. Maybe someone will know the answer on that better than me. Hopefully as this seemed like a nice easy addition that I cannot seem to get to work....to bad as I can never hear the doorbell ring upstairs right now.

I don't know how the HAI inputs work. Do they pull the input to ground to change a zone state? My first guess would be to look for something like that.

Remember that doorbell detector does not produce a contact closure, instead it has a open collector output so the HAI inputs have to be compatible with that.

Back