(Elk) double zone trigger

The problem with that method is that it only works if you are home and awake/aware enough to hear it. It would be neat if there was a way to make a rule that would write something to the Elk log. This is easy enough to do for those with automation software that can do logging, but I don't know how to do it for a stand-alone install

So we want a way to automate the automation system???? :lol:

I admit its not perfect but it might help him find the underlying cause of the problem. Heck it could be Christmas lights tripping the motion. You never know.

WayneW said:
Digger said:
If you make the motion a non alarm zone temporarily and have the M1 say a message everytime it is tripped you can see if the heat is doing it.
The problem with that method is that it only works if you are home and awake/aware enough to hear it. It would be neat if there was a way to make a rule that would write something to the Elk log. This is easy enough to do for those with automation software that can do logging, but I don't know how to do it for a stand-alone install.
My drive alarm is set up that way. It is defined as type #13 and assigned to area #4

Area #4 is what I call my message/event partition. Every drive activity appears in my log. Area 4 is never armed.

carry15 said:
My drive alarm is set up that way. It is defined as type #13 and assigned to area #4
That is an interesting work around. I never thought of using a secondary area.

There is some sort of bug in the firmware in the initialization of the motion detectors. It shows up as the motion detectors trying to do a voice response.

In my case I have the response message removed. I just here the slight hum as the message is sounded. I can clear this by powering down the system. Sometimes on power up the motion detectors take a long to time clear. I know these have a power up routine that disables the detector until it is finished.

Since most of the complain seems to be unusual action when a combination of zones are triggered, I am wondering if the system has a problem with the time it takes for the motion detectors to initialize.

Another problem I ran into with the motion detector initialization is that if you have the chime turned on the detectors will chime unless you call the up and manually turn on and then off the chime on the motion detector zone. These problems are still around in 4.4.6.

Cliff s

Interesting to see others have the exact problems I have been experiencing with an ELK panel in Australia. For the past 6 months we have had double or triple zone triggers occur when only one zone has been violated. The zones that false trigger are entry zones.

We have moved the zones (Eg Zone 1 to Zone 11) and the problem follows the entry zones. We have changed PIRs, installed wireless PIRs and the problem still occurs. In the early days we changed panels and the problem reoccured. The panel is in a builders display home and he's about to launch the thing onto the front yard. False alarms are costing him money and my time.

I've had the locally distributor out, to no evail. I run the latest firmware and it still occurs.

Frustration has set in! My reputation with this building company is 'shot'. I've lost my intial investment of product (security, home automation, audio, home theatre)into his display home as he has no confidence due to false alarms. Without calculating lost business, this problem has cost me in the vicinity of $15k AUS.

DownUnder is down and out!

Back