ELK M1 - Mixing 2 wire FDs and Wireless FD

howdy

want to use existing wiring (see other post) for FD 
- probably 2 wire setup to zone 16
- probably replace existing with compatible 2WT-B (https://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/Pages/2WT-B.aspx)

have to add another FD in a place NOT wired
- thinking of adding the TWO WAY ELK FD 
- specifically ELK-6050 Smoke Detector through the ELK 2 way module

both to be programmed into RP, all wired together in Z16 and wireless FD in its own zone.

any concerns about rising FD wired and wireless?

DELInstallations said:
All work the same, but honestly, I wouldn't go with Elk's wireless as a first choice.

Curious, do you know if there would be an audible issue with the sync (or lack of) when mixing detectors like this? I'd assume they wouldn't be in sync and that they'd probably sound a bit different - coming from 2 different companies. Not sure if that presents any sort of issue at all...

1) DEL, which wireless would you recommend about the ELK ones.  

2) my question was really about is there a problem mixing wired and wireless.  for example would they have problem tripping in case of a fire.  would the ELK get confused?  
alarm should go off if ONE of them trips, would it require BOTH?

drvnbysound said:
Curious, do you know if there would be an audible issue with the sync (or lack of) when mixing detectors like this? I'd assume they wouldn't be in sync and that they'd probably sound a bit different - coming from 2 different companies. Not sure if that presents any sort of issue at all...
No sync possible. Eventually they'll start to creep in time as they sound.

Tone would be different, how different remains to be seen, but Elk's heads are essentially ESL/UTC with some OEM tossed in.

urbanscribe said:
1) DEL, which wireless would you recommend about the ELK ones.  

2) my question was really about is there a problem mixing wired and wireless.  for example would they have problem tripping in case of a fire.  would the ELK get confused?  
alarm should go off if ONE of them trips, would it require BOTH?
Personally, I'm not a fan or sold on Elk's wireless devices, there's too many caveats to put all my eggs into their proprietary technology and limited devices on the market. I've put in Elk with the GE wireless (all the way back to the Caddx receivers) and they work. Since Elk supports Honeywell, that's also a positive, since I think Honeywell has a great selection and a ton of units that GE just doesn't make (or they constantly make obsolete). It's a gamble that Elk is going to keep moving forward with their firmware and support all, but given the two, I'd probably go with Honeywell. GE is just too close to being out of the industry and they make every device essentially obsolete within a few years. Not a good service plan.

If you're not going to deal with sounders and tandem ring, the difference is essentially moot for your application.

Back