Elk M1 - Rule help please?

I can't see an easy way because you need to fire the task which then fires the basic logic (bypass, then turn on phantom point) then take care of the arming logic...not a straight arming command....the logic needs to fire before the arming command and there's no way for the arming command to really function in reverse (bypass, then arm)

That's why I proposed the other option of automatically bypassing those zones after a set time of day when you know you're home (house is disarmed); that way there will be no violated zones, the screen will say Ready w/BYPASS - and the Stay button will now work...

@ Work, I'm on the same page, but the OP was looking for the rules to fire only from the STAY and not executing a task (either by a scheduled event or manual via KP).

True - that would allow one to arm into any mode, not just Stay - with those same windows still bypassed.

I guess this is another reason I'm happy with KP2's - having any security-related buttons I need near the entrances/exists to the house as well as MBR; my lighting and automation are usually managed elsewhere.

@ Work, I'm on the same page, but the OP was looking for the rules to fire only from the STAY and not executing a task (either by a scheduled event or manual via KP).
That's why I suggested the second area. It accomplishes what he wants with only the stay key, but the windows will be armed in every other mode. And if he needs to he could still arm the windows while in stay mode with a F-key (and have it lit for visual confirmation.)

Is that really not a viable option?

When you consider what is involved with monitoring, not to mention no real feedback or visual items to an end user via a KP....it's not what I'd call an ideal situation...there's a lot of items that interconnect and need to be addressed per area/partition.

IMHO, it's adding a ton of complexity and items that need to be considered for operation, let alone any rules that interconnect the 2 areas (or more). In the purest form and most logical item, every area should have it's own keypad or you're going to have to provide some form of feedback for the end user regarding status (armed, ready, not ready, alarm).

Back