Elk M1G 4WTA-B sensors and RRS-MOD

I have a system with 4 4WTA-B sensors on one zone wired to the M1Gold panel. That I can wire with no problem. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to input the RRS-MOD into the picture. Instructions for wiring can be found here: http://www.systemsensor.com/products/conv/?UniqueID=48. There are schemas for wiring DSC panels, Ademco panels, but no Elk panels.

However I am not sure which schema applies to my situation ... How do I wire the RRS-MOD to the panel? Which schema should I choose?

P.S. Of course, the objective is to have all sensors to go off when one goes off.

Figure 2 of the Installation Instructions applies to the M1.

"Detector Power" connects to the M1 SAUX terminals.
"Aux Power" connects to M1 VAUX
"Initiating Device Circuit" connects to M1 Zone 16
"Bell/Alarm Circuit" - this does the actual reversing, here you have to supply +V to the purple wire in a fire alarm condition. Best to use M1 Output 3 for this, take +VAUX power and the purple wire over to Output 3 and connect via the NO contacts. Finally you need a rule to activate Output 3 relay immediately upon a fire alarm, and another to deactivate when fire alarm cuts off.

Also you have to calculate your overall M1 current load and determine, under worst-case conditions with all things considered, whether you need an outboard power supply for the sounders. If so, you have more work to do.

And don't take my word on this, be sure to test thoroughly.

So you suggest using a relay instead of the Bell/Alarm Circuit? Then isn't Figure 4 more representative?

Appreciate your input in respect of an additional power supply, I am not sure I need it, but I will test the stuff and make sure it works :)

Well look at that. Figure 4 shows exactly what I described. Yes, that's the one, and it keeps Output 2 free for siren noises.

Back