ELK M1G Install Frustration

drvnbysound said:
I've seen the KP addresses default (and system restart) when there was a programming error that threw the M1 into an infinite loop :unsure:
Never in about 100 panels installed and serviced/upgraded in the field.

What was the error that caused that sort of reaction?

@ gecko- your disconnection from RP sounds more like the XEP settings were being sent and then it rebooted the XEP.

Usually it gives a reboot message before doing that though, and I've shut everything down, opened the account, connected to the ELK, gone to XEP setup, time server tab, and just hit the test button, no other changes. So strange.

I noticed that no one has considered restoring the M1 to it's factory settings. I have found in the past that the system for a lack of better words, gets confused and it is good to start fresh, I think that system memory can become corrupted by certain operating system errors and a restore wipes the slate clean and sets the panel to factory defaults. It involves exporting your customer account, resetting the system, enrolling the modules and then importing and sending the customer account back to the M1. I have even resorted to creating a new customer account rather than re-using the existing one.

The exact procedure can be found in the installation manual or you can get it from Elk tech support. It must be performed using the keypad and is not possible through ELKRP2. This is just a suggestion and you shouldn't attempt if you don't feel comfortable doing it.

Mike.

DELInstallations said:
Never in about 100 panels installed and serviced/upgraded in the field.

What was the error that caused that sort of reaction?

@ gecko- your disconnection from RP sounds more like the XEP settings were being sent and then it rebooted the XEP.

I don't recall the exact details (I know I have them in email), but I was working on rules to auto arm/disarm Area 2 and inevitably created an infinite loop that caused the panel to reboot and default, and all KPs lost their addressing.
After a couple of emails with Amy, I got it straightened out :)

Back