Elk not always controlling TR16 thermostat

Spanky, Don -

Again, thanks for checking into this. You just can't beat Elk...

All -

I thought I'd been able to get around this for now by putting in "backup" events in Homeseer that just repeat the thermostat functions in Elk Rules, 2 minutes later. No problems with having a warm house that way until today, when the Homeseer log shows that the backup event fired, but the house was still set at 60 degrees F when I got up. I wonder if the problem is in the communication between the Elk and the M1XSP, or from there to the stat? Frankly, I'm a bit suspicious of the M1XSP here...

Joe

We may have found the issue in the M1XSP receiving thermostat data from the M1. As soon as we get a fix, there will be an M1XSP software upgrade. Any volunteers to be beta testers?

Thanks for your input.

We may have found the issue in the M1XSP receiving thermostat data from the M1. As soon as we get a fix, there will be an M1XSP software upgrade. Any volunteers to be beta testers?

Thanks for your input.

I Have an HAI I never installed.... would not mind testing it out.

Thanks for your input.

Count me in. I have an HAI thermostat.

Regards,
Ultrajones

Thanks for your input.

Great news! Count me in, of course.

Joe

I have a HAI thermostat I volunteer to blow up.

looking through this thread, i don't think i saw anyone setting the temperature and explicitly setting 'HOLD ON' after setting the temperature. every time i set a thermostat temperature, i send the hold command, and i don't think my RCS thermos have missed any commands

looking through this thread, i don't think i saw anyone setting the temperature and explicitly setting 'HOLD ON' after setting the temperature. every time i set a thermostat temperature, i send the hold command, and i don't think my RCS thermos have missed any commands

Good observation. I leave "HOLD" enabled via the UltraM1 Plugin (Homeseer) but have not sent the HOLD ON command after each setpoint change.

I've been running a test over the past two days to see how often Elk Rules are not run. Nothing in that time period. Seems to come in waves of several failures in a day or two, then a period of working fine.

If you want to beta test the software, send me a PM (private message) with your email address and I will send the beta test code for the M1XSP when it is available after in house testing is complete.

There was an additional improvement today. I think we are ready to beta.

I'm testing a .39 beta, but only for a couple of hours thus far. But so far, so good. Had found an error in the earlier .37 beta which, oddly enough, caused the XEP to lock up. Don was later able to replicate, and he sent the .39 out to a few of us.

Spanky - is .39 still the latest? If not, can you please send me the later version? Need to test before the weekend, please. I think you and Don have the email, but PM me if still needed.

And btw, GREAT SUPPORT BY ELK, as usual. They find problems in days that it seems to take other suppliers months to figure out. Truly amazing.

Joe

Back