ELK RP and Windows 7

KB4OB

I just upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and thought I had ELK RP working fine in the new OS until I tried to edit one of my rules.
The edit box that opened up did not have a "Done" or "Cancel" button in the lower right corner and I had to close RP with Task Manager since it (RP) locks all other functions until the window is closed.
Luckily, since I have been through this before with Windows upgrades, I purchased Windows 7 Pro which includes a licensed Virtual XP machine.

I was able to re-install RP on the XP Virtual Machine and it is working again.

There may be more in-compatabilities with W7 but I did not check any farther since I need RP back up.

There is a new release of ELKRP coming out using Windows .Net for ELKRP which has worked with Windows 7 so far.

This is good to know... I just loaded Windows 7 on my laptop and ElkRP installed fine, but I hadn't connected to a panel to test yet.

I've also used ElkRP on my Windows7 32bit laptop. I've edited rules too - although I have not tried to add a new rule yet. I didn't see any problems.

I've also used ElkRP on my Windows7 32bit laptop. I've edited rules too - although I have not tried to add a new rule yet. I didn't see any problems.

Interesting, One of the 1st things I ran up against was editing rules where the edit window did not have a "Done" or "Cancel" button.

I even let Windows run all of the available Compatability modes and it always came up with same problem. I am using 64bit OS though, which may be the issue.

That was the problem! Thanks
I now have it working in W7 but going blind trying to see it. I have come to the conclusion that getting old is H$#@.

I have one of those new wide screen monitors and the normal display resolution is so D*## small that I can't see it, so I used the "adjustments" function in W7 to enlarge it to 125%.

I huess I'll either have to run it in XP mode or get me a big fresnel lens and set in front of my monitor.............

Back