ELK Tasks

rfdesq

More questions these days than answers. I cannot figure out how to program an ELK task. Rules are no problem. When I go to tasks all I get to do is name it, show it, and set a six word speaking vocabulary. How do I get to the Whenever, And, rules? Thanks.

Tasks are just triggers of rules. They are also seen as entry points of a macro. But notice that the body of the macro is defined in the actuale rules. A task can be activated by a button in the keypad panel, or just by another rule.

In the second case they are a good alternative to overcome the lack of OR logic in the M1. You can have:

Whenever X and Y and Z, Activate Task_A
Whenever T and U and V, Activate Task_A
Whenever M and N and O, Activate Task_A
Whenever Task_A, Do 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6

This save you a lot of memory and simplifies your programming because you dont have to program events 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the three different conditions.

rfdesq said:
More questions these days than answers. I cannot figure out how to program an ELK task. Rules are no problem. When I go to tasks all I get to do is name it, show it, and set a six word speaking vocabulary. How do I get to the Whenever, And, rules? Thanks.

Tasks are sort of like Macro NAMES. You do not write any rules within the task.

Create a task like "Turn Sprinkler on"....check the little "show" box. Show means it will be displayed on the keypad so you can manually activate it.

Now create a new rule
Whenever task turn sprinkler on is activated (manually from kpd or another rule)
turn output 1 on for 30 minutes (connected to sprinkler valve)

You can also have another rule like

Whenever time is 6:00 am
and day is Sunday
then activate task turn sprinker on

Those tasks that you will often activate from the keypad should be lowest in number, otherwise you will have to scroll through all the other tasks to get to it.

We were typing at the same time, carry 15+1 answered my question. Thank you both. It now makes sense, couldn't figure it out using the manual.

Back