Elk Time or Daylight savings mess up

Looks like I have the same issue. It adjusted fine yesterday but today it is back on DST.

Both my Elks went back 1hour about a week ago, then back another hour (2 hours behind) yesterday. This AM I noticed they had somehow fixed themselves and are now showing the correct time.

Since mine worked flawlessly this year, I figured I'd finally check my settings... looks like I must've set everything up correctly a couple years ago since I haven't had any problems lately. You may want to compare your settings and see what you've got.
ElkDST.PNG
ElkXEPDST.PNG
Aside from the screenshots, here's my FW versions:
M1G: Boot Ver: 3.3.6; FW Ver: 5.2.2
M1XEP: Boot Ver: 1.2.0; FW Ver: 1.3.24

Well....once again mine is correct.
Yesterday was the only day it was off and it corrected itself this morning. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm glad I didn't futz around with it last night or I may have been convinced I actually fixed it :huh:

To be honest, I'm not sure - I set that a long time ago. It was something from the national NTP list.

I checked my settings and they are the same as Work2Play's screenshots above. I am, however, using time.nist.gov for a time server and checking at 12:00am. I changed it to 4am for the heck of it.

Both my Elk's are runnig the following:

M1 Boot: 3.3.6
M1 Firmware: 5.2.8

M1XEP Boot: 1.2.0
M1XEP Firmware: 1.3.26

I don't think the time server has anything to do with it. Time servers just report a number. The number is the same no matter who asks or where they are. It is up to the local machine to decide how to adjust the number to reflect the local time. It is my understanding that NTP counts the number of seconds since Jan 1, 1900 at midnight (GMT?).

Just an fyi, time servers prefer if you put some random time in for checking. Like 21:32. They tend to get hammered with querries on the hour.

I don't think the time server has anything to do with it. Time servers just report a number. The number is the same no matter who asks or where they are. It is up to the local machine to decide how to adjust the number to reflect the local time.

Right, assuming the time server is correct - which it probably is.

My Elk also failed. I waited until Monday night to see if the problem would work itself out. I finally used the M1XEP, NTP "Test" button which corrected the problem. My Globals/DST settings match the picture shown above.

Hardware Version: .11
Boot Version: 3.3.6
Firmware Version: 5.2.2
M1XEP Boot Ver: 1.2.0
M1XEP Firmware Ver: 1.3.24
NTP Server: time-a.nist.gov
NTP Sync Time: 1:38AM

Here are my settings (it was only wrong on Monday):

hardware: .13
boot: 3.3.6
firmware: 5.2.6
XEP boot: 1.2.0
XEP firm: 1.3.26
time: sundial.columbia.edu
sync time: 3:37 AM

More on time servers - the Elk sometimes has issues with DNS which is why I used an IP address; also I would think it's better to have your time sync after 2:00AM when the time shifts that way it corrects sometime in the night.

Back