Elk Time or Daylight savings mess up

apostolakisl

My m1G seems to have just today (it could have happened yesterday as I wasn't home in the evening) has started behaving as if daylight savings is over. The clock on the keypads is still correct, but it is doing everything related to sunrise/sunset and hour earlier. I have no idea where to even start on this one.

The globals state that it should end on the first Sunday in November. However, I noticed that there is also a box to have it change on a specific date (not checked), but the greyed out date is today, Nov 1.

Edit: Checked closer, it was actually set for nov 1, 2008. So I don't know. I changed it to this Sunday, but still left it unchecked.

Mine and a few other people here had our Elk jump back an hour today. Both Elk and keypads showed one hour earlier than it actually was.

Elk fixed this issue in a firmware update a few years ago, then again a couple of years ago, then again last year, but it's still broken! Maybe the next firmware update will actually fix it?

This morning now the clocks show the time as an hour earlier. Yesterday the keypads showed the correct time, but the programs were all running an hour early. But now the keypads show an hour early.

What are we supposed to do with this problem? Do I have to temporarily change my time zone or something? I don't recall this happening in years past.

EDIT: I changed the DST change to a specific date (the correct one for this year) and it put the clocks back to the correct time. This is obviously a crappy solution for the long term. I see some other posts in here that this has been an ongoing firmware issue for years. How can something like this not get fixed right off? I guess instead of the first Sunday of Nov, it did on the first day of Nov? I wonder if I had set it to the second Sunday if it would still have done it on Nov 1.

I'll have to double check my firmware version when I do some updates later today, but mine seems to be working correctly so far.
Granted, the only time-based automated rule I have at this point is to send an email twice a day at a specific time, but it has triggered at the correct time every day including this morning after DST. My KP is also showing the correct DST time this morning.

Same here, all the M1's I have in the field with recent firmware showed no issues and the one at home appeared fine

I also didn't have an issue. It was correct on saturday and it was correct today when I looked at it this morning.

Mine had the trouble. These are the versions, which I just updated a month or two ago.

Elk M1G
Hardware ver .11
boot ver 3.3.2
firmware 4.6.8

Elk xep
hardware 1.0
Boot ver 1.2.0
firmware 1.3.26

Lou- the XEP is closest to up to date, but the other bootware/firmware is pretty old. The bootware was updated 5/10.

Are you running an older 548E wireless or something else that requires the 4.X.X rev. firmware? The latest 4 series is 4.6.8 and 5 is 5.2.8 for non-UL panels.

I kinda expected mine to go wrong today finally, but it didn't - time adjusted overnight just like it was supposed to.

Lou- the XEP is closest to up to date, but the other bootware/firmware is pretty old. The bootware was updated 5/10.

Are you running an older 548E wireless or something else that requires the 4.X.X rev. firmware? The latest 4 series is 4.6.8 and 5 is 5.2.8 for non-UL panels.

My installed firmware, 4.6.8 was released 7/18/11, the same date as 5.2.8. It was my understanding that the 4 and 5 series were simply two parrallel series of firmwares dependent on what wireless system you were going with. I have no wireless at all so it was an arbitrary decision. When I did the update in September, it checked my bootware prior to installing the firmware and said all was good. I see that they there is one update to the bootware, but I guess you have to install the firmware that includes that bootware? The release notes indicate it was included wtih 4.6.2, but that firmware is not listed on the website for download. I don't know what bootware is or what it does. The Elk is the only thing I have ever owned that has bootware versions/updates even as an option.

Looks like mine decided to not function correctly this morning (Monday) as my twice-daily email came an hour early.
It did work correctly up to Sunday night.

I also didn't have an issue. It was correct on saturday and it was correct today when I looked at it this morning.

I stand corrected....

My clock is now an hour ahead, like it's back on DST. It almost seems like the DST settings only held for a day.

Settings:

DST Ends on the 1st sunday in november
DST begins on the 2nd sunday in march(I think)

Elk Products,

FIX THIS ISSUE! Really...

Good thing my ISY-99 knows how to tell time or we'd have major problems..

Back