ELK Wireless help needed... bad...

brodgers

I am in the process of replacing an ADT type wireless system with an ELK M1 Gold panel and Caddx 48-zone wireless card. Throughout my house, I have these transmitters on each of the doors that I'd like to save and use. I know they work because they worked with the previous system. So, I have installed the Caddx card and registered it with the ELK system. I set the wireless zones to begin at zone 17. I have been able to successfully register a wireless keyfob so I am reasonably sure the Caddx card works and it is playing nice with the ELK. I can not, however, get the door, window and motion sensors to register. I have tried through the keypad to no avail - hittign the tamper reed switch to generate a signal from the transmitter. I have also taken the number you see in the photo and entered it into ELKRP as the Tx ID. No luck there. Can someone help me figure out how to get these things to work. I feel like there is a switch or option somewhere that will make this very simple...

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Wireless_Transmitter_Covered.jpg
    Wireless_Transmitter_Covered.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Wireless_Transmitter_Uncovered.jpg
    Wireless_Transmitter_Uncovered.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 29
I am in the process of replacing an ADT type wireless system with an ELK M1 Gold panel and Caddx 48-zone wireless card. Throughout my house, I have these transmitters on each of the doors that I'd like to save and use. I know they work because they worked with the previous system. So, I have installed the Caddx card and registered it with the ELK system. I set the wireless zones to begin at zone 17. I have been able to successfully register a wireless keyfob so I am reasonably sure the Caddx card works and it is playing nice with the ELK. I can not, however, get the door, window and motion sensors to register. I have tried through the keypad to no avail - hittign the tamper reed switch to generate a signal from the transmitter. I have also taken the number you see in the photo and entered it into ELKRP as the Tx ID. No luck there. Can someone help me figure out how to get these things to work. I feel like there is a switch or option somewhere that will make this very simple...

Thanks in advance.

That does not look like a GE transmitter. I cant tell from the picture if thats a Napco GEM-TRANS2 or an ADEMCO wireless transmitter.

I might be mistaken but the only transmitter like that from GE that I know of is the NX-650 and that is not an NX-650 from what I can tell.

That does not look like any GE transmitter I have seen. The number is not a TX ID number either.

Do you have the Caddx Nx-4xx receiver with 3 wires coming out of the terminals?

You should be using M1 software 4.x.x for the Caddx receiver.

ADT used to use Ademco transmitters.

Well... That's not the "just click here and everything will be OK" response I was looking for. I do have the Caddx Nx-4XX receiver and I am using the latest firmware that supports Caddx (vs the ELK solution). Now that it look slike I have to buy new transmitters, can the NX-4xx board work with the crystal technology?

Thanks

Back