ELKRP connection

Ok that doesn't make sense, since the purpose of PortMon is to be able to monitor ports when in use (it monitors the OS itself, not the hardware). Are you sure that RP didn't give you that error? We'll figure this out!

thanks electron! but I'm confusing,can you explain me a little more abouth the RP error that you talk about? and yes this doent's make any sense,I unintall HS completely from my system but nothing change.

Ok, if you uninstalled, can you try to connect with HyperTerminal again, and tell me the error you get. If you still get the COM port in use, then we will use PortMon to find out what process is screwing up your system. Make sure Elk RP isn't running either.

Update; I get that COM port in use error now as well, odd, I used this software just a few days ago while I never shut down HS. Either way, try the hyper terminal suggestion now that you uninstalled HS.

ok,I going to try hyperterminal but now the COMM1 port option not appared in RP communication setup,only COMM3,4,5 and 6.

don't worry about RP, right now I want to verify that the com port is available now that you uninstalled Homeseer. Were you able to connect with Hyper terminal? If you wait about a minute, you should have seen some text appear.

Can you go back to the sysinternals.com site, and download pslist, run it (command line tool) by typing "pslist >> pslist.txt" from the command prompt, and paste the content of that file here if you don't mind.

Download PSLIST to your desktop, make sure the file has been extracted. Go to Start > Run > and type cmd followed by the enter key. At the command prompt, type cd desktop, and hit the enter key again. Then execute PSlist by typing pslist >> pslist.txt.

Once you did this, open pslist.txt (on your desktop) in notepad, and copy & paste the content in a message here.

I hope this work TLOSS error
SING error
DOMAIN error
R6028
- unable to initialize heap
R6027
- not enough space for lowio initialization
R6026
- not enough space for stdio initialization
R6025
- pure virtual function call
R6024
- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table
R6019
- unable to open console device
R6018
- unexpected heap error
R6017
- unexpected multithread lock error
R6016
- not enough space for thread data

abnormal program termination
R6009
- not enough space for environment
R6008
- not enough space for arguments
R6002
- floating point not loaded

That is wath happen when I try pslist.txt in command prompt

C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop>pslist>>pslist.txt
'pslist' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

excuse my ignorance but I can fix my problem if you guys help me.

I assume you typed that command, and not cut & pasted, since I don't see a profile in that path. Do you know how to take a screenshot? If you do, take one of the task manager process list.

If you want to try pslist again, you have to CD to the directory where you saved the pslist.exe file. Once you did that, then execute it. The error you are getting is because you are in the wrong directory.

thanks electron and others for you help.I have a spare old machine win98 ,intalled RP and serial cable and connect to M1 with no problem,everting work fine.Conclusion,my comp have some conflict in the serial port,I going to check and see
thanks,many thanks for you patience.

I was 99.999% sure it was a system conflict, not an Elk RP issue. If you have XP, and know how to forward Remote Desktop (assuming you have a firewall), we could setup a "remote assistance" session, which allows me to work with you, and figure this out. It is pretty secure, and you have to give me permission to do anything (eventho, with a visual reference, I could tell you the exact commands to type, and don't even need control of your system). If this is something you are interested in, let me know, I do this for a living and I can be trusted ;)

Back