ElkRP random disconnect

Hi everyone

Has anyone else had the problem of ElkRP randomly disconnecting while trying to configure a system?
I've installed a several M1's but this is my own house. Seems like after I did the update to 5.2.8 I can't stay
connected to the system for more than a few minutes until I get "system did not respond, control has disconnected". Oddly enough it seems to get worse as I add wireless devices to the system (Honeywell 5800) but that might just be my imagination. Also the web interface to the M1 is very sluggish and doesn’t want to respond. BTW I am using an ISY99 with the ISY ELK module. The system used to work fine until
I did the update, but I figured it would be a known issue if the firmware had a bug.
Hoping to hear that I'm doing something wrong, anyone have any ideas?

Matt Barrett
Hotwired Electric LLC

I had the problem, big time. I discovered my M1XEP was in a continuous re-boot loop. That was frustrating!

Are you trying to connect with an ISY? What is the firmware on your XEP?

I had the problem, big time. I discovered my M1XEP was in a continuous re-boot loop. That was frustrating!

Are you trying to connect with an ISY? What is the firmware on your XEP?

XEP version is 1.3.28. Had the system offline for awhile durring a remodel then decided to update everything at once. thats when I started noticing it. And yes i have an ISY with the latest firmware and the ELK module.

Matt

So after troubleshooting this last night for hours, I found it has something to do with my M1XRF2H and the 5800 devices.

So when configuring new wireless devices, I guess I didn't read the instructions on the wireless setup screen closely enough, you really really do have to enter the ID before clicking the “enabled” box and sending the setup to the control. IF I click “enabled” THEN enter the ID and send it to the control I get no warnings or errors and the control will respond to the zones perfectly BUT if I connect with ElkRP, it drops the connection to RP as soon as a wireless transmitter is violated.

So to fix it, I unchecked “enabled” on all the devices, sent it, then re-enabled them and sent it. Seems like it's OK now but more testing is needed before I call it good.

Anyone else have 5800 wireless devices and did you ever experience this?

I had this issue when using RP2 over wireless. When I switched to a computer hardwired on the LAN it went away.

I had this issue when using RP2 over wireless. When I switched to a computer hardwired on the LAN it went away.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to try hardwired Ethernet.

This is still driving me crazy, as soon as a wireless device changes state it kicks me off.

Same thing was happening to me. I would connect... it would take longer than normal and then within 30 seconds it would immediately disconnect. It was driving me crazy. For two weeks I couldnt figure it out.
As soon as I read the first comment from Matt above about his BTW comment and his ISY99 I realized that was the only item or device I had added to my network since the last time I connected.
I unplugged my ISY99i and power cycled the M1XEP and then I tried to reconnect. It connected and stayed connected! FINALLY!!!!
Now I have to figure out why the ISY99i is causing this to disconnect.

I don't have an ISY99i, but I found when commissioning a new system connecting thru WIFI with RP2 resulted in continuous disconnects, when I changed to hard wired issue went away.

FWIW, I can confirm that in my case connecting to the M1XEP over WIFI caused random disconnects (usually within 60 seconds). Switching to a wired ethernet connection seems to have completely resolved this problem.

Alex

Back