Elo 15" 1537L Touchscreen in-wall installation

Looks great, but could you have picked a worse spot? Right by the vent and electric lines. From the pictures, it looks like the power is running to the cabinet behind that wall.

BraveSirRobbin said:
Very nice Mike. Did the top and bottom wood braces attach to studs? Also, how did you bring the power in?
No, the wood braces are just screwed to the drywall using three screws per brace. It's plenty strong and isn't going anywhere. The power is fed by a 12v adapter which is located with the Mac Mini in the desk. The power, USB and VGA cables all run from the desk cabinet into the wall and then to the touchscreen.

liftn said:
Looks great, but could you have picked a worse spot? Right by the vent and electric lines. From the pictures, it looks like the power is running to the cabinet behind that wall.
Yeah, the central vac pipe did cause an inconvenience, but I rerouted it deeper in the wall by using four 45-degree couplings. The power wires feed the switch for the desk lighting. It probably looks worse than it is. The wires didn't cause any problems, only the pipe which was easily fixed.

I'm really happy with the screen though. I'm actually thinking of installing a duplicate system somewhere else in the house, I just haven't figured out where yet. :lol:

Back