ELO TOUCHSCREEN ET1545L-8SWC-1-IBM2 15" LCD

I too order one of these off of ebay, but had a problem with the first one. just got the replacement in the mail, but I was wondering what the pcb on the back of the monitor was, and what the extra red and black wire wire coming out of the back was? Anybody know? Also, jkish, what size frame is that you are using? I'm looking to do something similar, but haven't found a frame I liked the looks of yet.

I too order one of these off of ebay, but had a problem with the first one. just got the replacement in the mail, but I was wondering what the pcb on the back of the monitor was, and what the extra red and black wire wire coming out of the back was? Anybody know? Also, jkish, what size frame is that you are using? I'm looking to do something similar, but haven't found a frame I liked the looks of yet.

The small daughter board with the red and black wires is a small amplifier for a speaker that can be attached to the red and black wires.

I had the frame built by a frame shop - I can measure to see the exact dimensions.

The inside of my frame is exactly 9"x12". The outside can be anything you want, depending on your frame stock. I used 3" nominal (2.5" actual) stock.

-Jamie

I just got my hands on a second ELO touch screen simar to the ones in this deal. The first is powered by a HP thin client with windows xpe(embedded.)

I wanted to set up the second one the same way so I flashed it with a virgin image of xpe. Unit fires up and the touch panel is acting strange, up and down movements are fine but left and right are backwards. If you click 1 inch to the left of the center line the mouse moves to one inch to the right of the center line.

I figured the touch panel was bad but I hooked it up the hp thin client I got last year and it stoped acting crazy. So that only left the 'new' hp thin client, I had one more extra thin client laying around so I re-flashed that. It has the same backwards issue. I feel like it is some weird setting in windows that is reversing everything.

anyone see anything similar?

I seem to recall having that reverse issue with my ELO hooked up to my HP 5700 thin client...but once I recalibrated it, it was fine.

Got my three in a little while back, I'll try to take a closer look at these this week and do some testing. From what I saw the screens are sticking pretty well. I'll compare these to the bezel-less elo's I got last year.

These screens are again available. Is everyone happy with the screens they got. I am thing of buying one for myself.

These screens are again available. Is everyone happy with the screens they got. I am thing of buying one for myself.

You found them again for the same price? Mind posting the link?

I have two of them and am extremely happy so far. I recessed mine in the wall and then made a frame using oak baseboard. I have industrial velcro attached to little blocks on the back of the frame that attach it to the wall. Comes off easily when needed but also holds to the wall very well.

I am using a VGA over cat-5 powered extender for the VGA and unpowered USB extenders to go about 30-40 feet from the basement up to the screen.

You found them again for the same price? Mind posting the link?

I have two of them and am extremely happy so far. I recessed mine in the wall and then made a frame using oak baseboard. I have industrial velcro attached to little blocks on the back of the frame that attach it to the wall. Comes off easily when needed but also holds to the wall very well.

I am using a VGA over cat-5 powered extender for the VGA and unpowered USB extenders to go about 30-40 feet from the basement up to the screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELO-TOUCHSCREEN-ET1545...4#ht_852wt_1151

Or just do a search for Elo Touchscreens - sort by cost and scrol down to the $75 area. The listing actually expired since my post but there back up again.

These screens are again available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELO-TOUCHSCREEN-ET1545...4#ht_852wt_1151

Or just do a search for Elo Touchscreens - sort by cost and scrol down to the $75 area. The listing actually expired since my post but there back up again.

Hi guys,

It seems that this seller won't send in Europe.
Could someone send it to me oversea, I would have it delivery in USA, and pay the extra shipment with paypal.
Thanks
Pierre

Hi Guys,

I have an ELO 1545l without bezel and the glass is falling off the LCD. Do you know if i can use any double sided tape to attach the back of hte touch screen to the LCD monitor?

Thanks

raptor

Back