ELO touchscreen 15 inches (touch screen) on Ebay

beezlerob, the unit I received included a plastic bezel ... similar to this one. I disassembled the entire unit to understand how it was constructed. I gingerly pried the touchscreen from the display and it didn't take much effort to remove. I'm surprised your touchscreen held on for as long as it did! Perhaps the weatherstripping, that binds the touchscreen to the display, had lost most of its 'stickiness' on my unit.

I thought that using the original bezel, which naturally does a great job of holding the touchscreen to the display, in a 'blind' wall mount (i.e. no access to the rear) would be faster and easier than making a custom bezel. In fact, it was a lot more work that I had anticipated. I'm happy with the result but I'd never do it again.

Oh, you mean you were able to actually remove the glass by hand?

You see, there's kind of the funny part. When I first looked at the screen, I noticed that the sticky strip wasn't straight, and it actually obscured part of the screen. So, I tried, with as much pressure as I felt comfortable using, to remove the touch glass, so I could move the sticky strip and realign it. No luck, the glass wouldn't budge. That's why it was kinda funny when i went downstairs and just saw it hanging there. Gravity did the work for me, apparently.

You have to know what is meant by 'with bezel'. That could mean a finished desktop bezel or just open frame like this.

Conclusion of the story: Hitech assets shipped out to me a new serial-driven touchscreen, and it works great. They also let me keep the USB touchscreen where the touch function wasn't working...so I have a new handy spare 15" LCD monitor in my wiring room. NICE!

Triple thumbs up for Hi-Tech assets on ebay.

Hey guys

What drivers are you guys using? I picked up one of the serial-driven touchscreen's from Hitech assets but I can't find any drivers that make the touchscreen function work (it's on a XP MC pc)

I got an Elo from Hitech-assets and like beezlerob mine is also DOA (thanks to electron & Target @cqc for all their help) . I've contacted Hitech-assets and hopefully they'll switch mine too.

Just heard from hitech assets and they said they will send me a replacement, hopefully this all works out

Got my replacement screen but haven't had a chance to try it out, hopefully this one will work. Great customer service from hitech assets

He has some back....

ELO TOUCHSYSTEMS ET1545L-8UWC-1 15" LCD (NO BEZEL)

THESE UNITS WERE PULLED FROM A PHOTO KIOSK AND ARE IN WORKING CONDITION, THE TOUCH SCREEN IS GLASS AND IT HAS USB AND VGA CONNECTIONS.

DRIVERS WILL NEED TO BE DOWNLOADED FROM ELO'S WEBSITE.

only power cable and vga included

TESTED AND WORKING

GUARANTEED NO DOA $90 Buy It Now price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Back