ELO touchscreen 15 inches (touch screen) on Ebay

Hey Dan, the 3 pages of forum guidelines now adorning the top of every post indicates that auction links are not to be posted in the "hot deals" forums. Are you sure about that? I'd have been sad to miss out on this, and some of the hottest deals do indeed come from ebay.

The auctions rule is there because if someone posts a link to an auction that is selling junk, other people might bid/buy as well, based on a single recommendation, before mods can verify how legit the auction is. I'll see if this can be rephrased, just keep in mind that these rules only exist to protect you guys :wacko:

The auctions rule is there because if someone posts a link to an auction that is selling junk, other people might bid/buy as well, based on a single recommendation, before mods can verify how legit the auction is. I'll see if this can be rephrased, just keep in mind that these rules only exist to protect you guys :wacko:

Hehe..and protect us you do, and we appreciate it. But seriously, if you ban ebay postings from these forums, WHERE ELSE will I make foolish expensive impulse purchases???

They aren't banned from these forums, just the Hot Deals category, but you do have a good point.

Hmm..well, I recieved mine, and I tried it out tonight. The screen works fine, looks great...but I so far CANNOT get the USB touch functions to work. I installed the latest drivers, no luck. So I pulled out the other USB touchscreen I have sitting in a box, and tried that. I took some effort, and I had to swap out a different USB cable (it was either faulty, or too long??), but I did get it to work. But when I then disconnected that touchscreen and hooked up the ebayed one, it still would not work. The ELO utility says the USB drivers are installed and Aok!

Any other suggestions before I request a DOA return on this? I don't want to do that unless it really is DOA.

beelzerob did you get yours from HiTech Assets on eBay? I have asked the guy to post more up. Not sure why he hasn't.

beelzerob did you get yours from HiTech Assets on eBay? I have asked the guy to post more up. Not sure why he hasn't.

I am going to be in OKC the weekend of the first and plan on swinging by there shop. I'll ask if he is going to put up any more screens if he hasn't already and let people know if he has anything else interesting there.

Yup, hi-tech assets. I guess maybe I can give a first-person review of their "guaranteed no DOA" policy. :) Unless there's something else to try....?

Well, they responded today. He gave me a call, guy named Steven who is the ebay manager for hi-tech assets. Here's some of the info I got:

1) Yes, they DID have thousands (literally) of the USB variant, but they're all gone now...one guy in germany bought 2000 alone. So, the piecemeal sales on ebay were just what he accidentally discovered in a box.

2) He's going to ship me a replacement for the USB one I have. He offered me a 1547L-8U with a bezel instead of what I got, but was otherwise completely out of USB versions. He said he DID have around 2000 serial versions, but they're still in the actual kiosks and haven't been extracted yet, and probably won't be for a week. I said that I'd rather have a serial version (so I can go further with the control cable), so he said to call back in about a week to check on if they have any ready to go yet.

I'll give it a few weeks to see how it goes before I'd have to make a decision to do something about it (you have 45 days to file a claim in paypal). He seemed on the up and up to me, though, so I'm feeling a little better today. :)

I talked to him today and he has the serial ones up in lots of 10 for $725. You'll have to talk to him about selling them one at a time. I'm still waiting to receive mine. Damn customs. Tracking number says tomorrow though woohoo :).

Here's the link to the lot of 10:

ET1545L-8SWC-1-IBM2

An interesting thing happened to the USB touchscreen I had received...

For testing purposes, I used some handy wire and my cable trays to suspend the screen and have easy access to it. It worked well. Once I was done with testing, I decided just to leave it there for the time being. I should have known that was unwise....

I came down the next day to find the glass that had been on the front of the touchscreen was now hanging by the cable that attaches it to the monitor. If not for that cable, or if it hadn't held, then it would have smashed on the floor.

Because this had no bezel of any kind, there was nothing actually holding the glass to the front of the monitor except for sticky "weather stripping" kind of material all the way around. It was still very sticky, but apparently the combination of gravity and perhaps some cold weather down in the basement was enough to cause it to let go of the glass.

Anyway, this is not a warning of any kind about this item or the ebay seller...I'm still very pleased with both of them. It was just an interesting experience. It was a lesson, at least, that the next time I get a screen without a bezel, to make sure I put some kind of bracket on that supports the glass so it's not being held on only by the sticky stuff.

Back