ELO TOUCHSCREEN ET1545L-8SWC-1-IBM2 15" LCD

I haven't had a problem with tap and drag with any of ours.

Jamie, so you've confirmed that you can have contact with the edge of the glass panel and it won't affect touch? It's just anything wrapped over and touching the front of the panel that causes problems?

I have not made my frame yet (working on the router table I will use to build the frame), so I can't confirm it. However, I can not imagine there being interference when touching the edge of the glass...there are not sensors there like on the front of the panel. I can confirm that the tape I was using, even when only touching the top 1/4" of glass, caused missed touches and degraded performance.

Dang, that's slick. My woodworkin skills aren't yet to the point that I can make woodworking tools to improve my skill...

I haven't had a problem with tap and drag with any of ours.

Jamie, so you've confirmed that you can have contact with the edge of the glass panel and it won't affect touch? It's just anything wrapped over and touching the front of the panel that causes problems?

I have not made my frame yet (working on the router table I will use to build the frame), so I can't confirm it. However, I can not imagine there being interference when touching the edge of the glass...there are not sensors there like on the front of the panel. I can confirm that the tape I was using, even when only touching the top 1/4" of glass, caused missed touches and degraded performance.

They make a special foam that you use to place between the frame and the glass. I bought hunk of it when I did my frame and have had no issues with touch problems.

They make a special foam that you use to place between the frame and the glass. I bought hunk of it when I did my frame and have had no issues with touch problems.

Who is "they"? As in, where would you get this stuff? Have any pics of your setup and use of this space foam?

Who is "they"? As in, where would you get this stuff? Have any pics of your setup and use of this space foam?

It is called Volara foam - google that and you can find sellers. I can't remember where I got mine, but I got a pretty big piece for less than $5.00.

I don't have a picture handy of the use of the foam right now, but I can take one.

I had a picture frame routed to allow it to slip over the front of the ELO touch screen and glued a narrow strip of the Volara foam to the inside of the frame where it touches the glass on the front edge.

Here's what the finished product looks like:

frame3.jpg
frame4.jpg

I believe this eBay seller used to include those foam strips if you asked him for it. I know I received them.

I had a picture frame routed to allow it to slip over the front of the ELO touch screen and glued a narrow strip of the Volara foam to the inside of the frame where it touches the glass on the front edge.

And that was with a bezel-less ELO screen? (so, the exact problem that's been discussed)? Ya, if you can show a pic of your use of the foam and frame and glass all together, that'd be highly useful.

And that was with a bezel-less ELO screen? (so, the exact problem that's been discussed)? Ya, if you can show a pic of your use of the foam and frame and glass all together, that'd be highly useful.

Yes, bezel-less ELO screen - I think it is exactly what you guys are talking about.

frameback.jpg

Done a bit of google searching here and came away empty handed. Does anyone know of a fanless atom PC that is small enough to fit in a wall and can do PoE?

Back