Enrolling keyfobs into M1G

dscline

I boght some NX-470 keyfobs to use with my M1G, which has a wireless expansion card. I had no problems enrolling some wireless motino sensors, but the installation manual isn't very on keyfobs. I assume you go through the same steps as with a motion sensor? The instructions say to press the "tamper or enroll" button, but when I get to that step of the set-up, the voice appends the instruction with "four", so I assume the correct button on the keyfob is button four? Regardless, no matter which button I press on the keyfob, nothing ever happens. What am I missing? :D

Edit: ONE of the FOBs I have had the TX number with it, so I was able to manually set it up using that in ElkRP. But I still don't understand why the normal "learn" method didn't work, and until I figure that out, I won't be able to get the other ones enrolled. :)

Doesnt matter which button do you press, the card must light up the yellow LED while detecting a nearby signal (even if not learned yet). If the light does not turn on you might have a bad keyfob.

Also, in addition to the four buttons (I'm getting creative here since I dont have the manual now, and dont remeber how I did it), check trying by pressing buttons 5 or 6. These are virtual buttons made of pressing buttons 1-2 and 3-4 together.

elcano said:
check trying by pressing buttons 5 or 6. These are virtual buttons made of pressing buttons 1-2 and 3-4 together.
Heh, I was just coming back to say I figured it out. Or rather, stumbled upon it. I pressed 3 & 4 together out of frustration, and that did it. I wasn't even expecting that to do it, and it made me jump when the keypad beeped and the voice announced the activation. You would think they would have put that in the Elk manual. Perhaps I overlooked it. :D

Thanks for the help!

Back