enrolling M1xep

im trying to install my m1exp and i cant seem to access the enroll screen on the keypad. The default code in the manual doesnt work, and my disarm code doesnt work. Is the code located in the RP software somewhere? I have an old version 1.6.12.

You need the master code. Whoever installed the m1 originally would have set that code. Do you have Elkrp software? If you can log in through that you can check the "master" box to make whatever code you want a master. But you will need the Elk RP logon code to do that.

This is where the question starts to get dumb. I do have RP, and thought that it was the box that says "RP access code". When I started RP it was blank. I put in a code but that didn't work. so am I in the right box?

well that was a dumb question because i got into the screen finally. Now I cant seem to get the xep to connect to my router. I get a couple of green light flashes then nothing. Cant "find" it?

The XEP can be a PITA to get enrolled sometimes. I found myself tinkering with it quite a bit switching it from DHCP mode then static and rebooting it - and the "Find XEP" button never worked for me - I had to use an IP Scanner to find it or look on the router.

The Installer code is a different one - that's located in the Globals I believe - but you have to get connected before you can get to that.

Back