Entry Delay countdown to zero then back to Armed?

braddg

This morning while the system was armed in Night mode, the bedroom keypad starts to buzz and count down. Since I have had issues with the cats setting off my motions sensors, I waited until the countdown went to zero so that the sensor would be logged with the alarm. Except that the alarm did not sound. The keypad continued to buzz for a few seconds and went back to armed night mode. I checked the log and found nothing.

I recently added an additional motion sensor in a room where the cats were able to trip the sensor. I set the sensors up in a cross zone pool. Is it possible that one sensor was tripped and the countdown began, but since the second sensor did not trip, the system went back to Armed? I assumed that if a sensor is in a cross zone pool, nothing would happen unless another sensor was tripped within the allotted time.

How do I stop the system from starting the entry delay countdown if only one sensor in a cross zone pool is tripped?

Thanks,
Brad

This morning while the system was armed in Night mode, the bedroom keypad starts to buzz and count down. Since I have had issues with the cats setting off my motions sensors, I waited until the countdown went to zero so that the sensor would be logged with the alarm. Except that the alarm did not sound. The keypad continued to buzz for a few seconds and went back to armed night mode. I checked the log and found nothing.

I recently added an additional motion sensor in a room where the cats were able to trip the sensor. I set the sensors up in a cross zone pool. Is it possible that one sensor was tripped and the countdown began, but since the second sensor did not trip, the system went back to Armed? I assumed that if a sensor is in a cross zone pool, nothing would happen unless another sensor was tripped within the allotted time.

How do I stop the system from starting the entry delay countdown if only one sensor in a cross zone pool is tripped?

Thanks,
Brad

Based on the words used (night mode, cross zone...)(I am not 100% sure) but this is an elk system? Just want to confirm because this was posted in the general Home Security forum not the ELK specific one or the HAI specific one.

Based on the words used (night mode, cross zone...)(I am not 100% sure) but this is an elk system? Just want to confirm because this was posted in the general Home Security forum not the ELK specific one or the HAI specific one.

Yes, I am using an Elk M1G. I have been giving this some thought. I am thinking of changing my motion sensors to Instant (no delay). I originally set them up with a delay because I assumed someone getting up in the middle of the night might set off the alarm. So far this has not been a problem outside of the cats. So I'll try setting them to "Burglar Interior Night" instead of "Burglar Interior Night Delay".

Thanks,
Brad

I set the two motion sensors that are in the cross zone pool to "Burglar Interior Night". This morning when the cats woke up and jumped off the top of the couch, the keypad stared buzzing. This time without the delay counter as before and, as intended, no alarm. It buzzed for about 10 seconds. (Which is how long I allow for the other cross zone sensor to verify)

I checked the installation manual again. Not much is mentioned about the function of a cross zone pool. I'm surprised that the system still responds with a keypad buzzer if a tripped sensor is in a cross zone pool and no other cross zone sensor verifies it.

Since I don't know what else to do, I have just turned off the volume to my master bedroom keypad. Hopefully I wont hear the one in the living room.

Back