External Temperature sensor for Omnistat in PC Access.

acruxksa

Greetings All,

My OP2 system has been running quite smoothly since I moved in to our new to us house and began working with it about 15 months ago.  I've managed to add a few security zones/sensors and successfully installed a wireless Omnistat (zigbee) thermostat in the only heating zone in the house that was not connected to the OP2.  Even have the exterior lights turning on/off consistently via programming.

My question is this:  All 7 of my Omnistat thermostats (including the wireless one) are receiving an external temperature from somewhere, however I cannot seem to find any settings for the sensor in my Dealer PC Access setup.  Any ideas where the sensor would be in PC Access?  I'm not really sure what I would need it for, but it is consistently about 4 or 5 degrees above actual outdoor temps (I have no idea where the actual sensor is, despite multiple attempts to locate it on the exterior of the house)  Would be nice if I could calibrate it :D

If I can figure out where it's setup is located, I'm hoping to use the temperature on other zigbee devices and potentially control my outdoor heated walkway zone.  (mostly just want to be able to turn it on/off when away from home and have it automagically shut off when temps drop below 15f or above 38f)

Any information on possible sensor type or configuration would be appreciated.

Regards,

Keith

@Keith,

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum.

any settings for the sensor in my Dealer PC Access setup.  Any ideas where the sensor would be in PC Access?  I'm not really sure what I would need it for, but it is consistently about 4 or 5 degrees above actual outdoor temps (I have no idea where the actual sensor is, despite multiple attempts to locate it on the exterior of the house)  Would be nice if I could calibrate it

There is a configuration in PCA relating to a temperature sensor being outside.  That is the one that my Omnistat sees and it is off but I cannot calibrate it as it is an old one and slow to change.  There is a little pot on the board of the newer temperature sensors to adjust it a bit. My Omnistat temperature here is off by 2 degrees. My external 2 wire Omnistat temperature sensor is correct.

I do have mine mounted on brick and next to the AC compressor outdoors.  I installed it.  It is just using 22/4 wire back to the panel.  But today it is mixed a bit with the rest of the wires going to the panel so would be a tad difficult to find.  That said you could disconnect the wires at the panel and use a toner to find the wire.

So check your PCA and temperature sensors configuration and follow the wires from the panel outdoors.  The temperature status will be in your PCA stuff which will also mention the zone that it is connected to.  It may be a bit difficult to follow the wires. 

The outdoor sensor is configured in the OP2 zones configuration screen.

outdoortemp.jpg

@acruxksa

Are you sure you have external temperature sensors connected?  They will be wired directly to the Omnistat on bottom connectors (green & black).  Perhaps you can trace the wires.

Are external sensors configured in the Omnistat (not PC Access)?

You can also adjust temperature variance in the Omnistat if desired.

The first temperature sensor installed (in zone number order) and set to "Outdoor Temperature" type is interpreted by the system to be "THE" outside temperature.
Also, the temperature sensor can't be on a zone with a number of any of the Tstat addresses

So if you have 7 Tstats, with addresses (presumably) 1-7, then the outside temperature sensor has to be on zone 8 or higher.

http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=621&SID=&Lang=1

Question:
Can any Leviton temperature sensor be connected to any zone?

Answer:
The technical answer would be "NO" to this specific question. 
There are some exclusions to which sensors can connect to which zones on which Leviton automation controllers. 
Those exclusions are as follows:

Zone 16 (no reference to Omni LT) - Zone 16 is the only location where Leviton hard wired thermostats can be connected.  If no thermostats are going to be installed, then the 31A00-X or 14A00-X series of sensors can be connected to Zone 16.  The Omni LT has a specific terminal strip labeled for tstat, so this note is not applicable.

Zone # vs. Tstat Address - A temperature sensor can not be connected to any zone whose number is the equivalent of a tstat address number.  For instance, if you have an Omni Pro II with 10 tstats that are addressed 1-10, the first zone that a temperature sensor could be connected to is Zone 11.

23A00-X Remote Temperature Sensors - these sensors can not be connected to any zones, period.  They are specifically used to replace the thermistor on tstats.

Extended Range Sensor (31A00-7 or -8) - These sensors can be installed on Zones 1-48 (provided items 1-3 above are adhered to) on any controller.  This covers the 16 zones on the main controller and the 32 zones (17-48) that are reserved for use with the 10A06-1 Hardwire Expander.  These temperature sensors can not be connected to any zone on a 17A00 Expansion Enclosure.

Humidity Sensor (added feature on 31A00-2 and -8) - A humidity sensor can be installed on any zone, provided items 1-3 above are adhered to.  Item 4 above does not apply to humidity sensors.

LT With NO Tstats - If there are no tstats installed on an LT, a 31A00-X or 13A00-X could be installed using the terminal labeled "YEL" in the tstat connection block.  You would set Zone to the appropriate temperature zone type.

Thre are also two temperature sensors.

The old one should be configured as "Outdoor Temp"
Models 31A00-1 (Temp only) or 31A00-2 (Temp and Humidity)

The new one should be configured as "ER Outdoor Temp"
Models 31A00-7 (Temp only) or 31A00-8 (Temp and Humidity)

Back