Aaron

Free shipping in US48 when buying $100 or more

Cleaning out the extras...

(4) 2476D, Switchlink V2 600w Dimmer : White, New in Box - $40 ea
(3) 2476D, Switchlink V2 600w Dimmer : Almond, New not in Box - $40 ea
(4) 2476S, Switchlink V2 600w Relay : Almond, New not in Box - $40 ea
(7) White face plates / paddles - $1 ea with each switchlinc purchase
(4) Almond face plates / paddles - $1 ea with each switchlinc purchase
(1) ApplianceLinc 2002STW3 2-way : X10 only, used with Box & Docs, great condition - $20

more to come soon...
(1) ApplianceLinc 2456S3
(2) KeypadLinc V2 2486D
(1) FilterLinc 10A
.... +++

Interested in the following, if you can make a good package deal.

(4) 2476S, Switchlink V2 600w Relay : Almond, New not in Box - $40 ea
(4) White face plates / paddles - $1 ea with each switchlinc purchase

(1) ApplianceLinc 2456S3

prices lowered & added new items...

(4) 2476D, Switchlink V2 600w Dimmer : White, New in Box - $36 ea
(3) 2476D, Switchlink V2 600w Dimmer : Almond, New not in Box - $36 ea
(4) 2476S, Switchlink V2 600w Relay : Almond, New not in Box - $36 ea
(7) White face plates / paddles - $1 ea with each switchlinc purchase
(1) ApplianceLinc 2002STW3 2-way : X10 only, used with Box & Docs, great condition - $16
(1) ApplianceLinc 2456S3 - $20
(2) KeypadLinc V2 2486D - $50 each
(1) FilterLinc 10A - $18
(1) Rain8 Sprinkler Controller Timer Irrigation WGL X10, original with PLI & AC adapter - $50

some items sold.

Current list...

(4) 2476D, Switchlink V2 600w Dimmer (3.1): White, New in Box - $40 ea
(3) 2476D, Switchlink V2 600w Dimmer (2.2): Almond, New not in Box - $36 ea
(3) White face plates / paddles - $1 ea with each switchlinc purchase
(1) ApplianceLinc 2002STW3 2-way (1.0): X10 only, used with Box & Docs, great condition - $16
(1) ApplianceLinc 2456S3 (1.1) - $20
(1) FilterLinc 1626-10 10amp - $18
(1) Rain8 Sprinkler Controller Timer Irrigation WGL X10, original with PLI & AC adapter - $50

I am pretty sure those versions of the 2476 switches are the ones with the "paddle issue". I would suggest you rma them prior to selling them. Sh extended the warranty to 7 years.

I am pretty sure those versions of the 2476 switches are the ones with the "paddle issue". I would suggest you rma them prior to selling them. Sh extended the warranty to 7 years.

what versions? what "issue"?

I've had, and still do, 20 of these installed in my home since 5/2009 without a single issue. I just saved these as spares - but never needed them.

and honestly, true of not, you should not be posting a negative issue in a for sale thread - it is called thread crapping.

what versions? what "issue"?

I've had, and still do, 20 of these installed in my home since 5/2009 without a single issue. I just saved these as spares - but never needed them.

and honestly, true of not, you should not be posting a negative issue in a for sale thread - it is called thread crapping.

He's not trying to "crap" on your sale. Anyone who has been on any insteon forum of any sort knows about the paddle tact switch issue. He is simply trying to save you or another cocooner from having to deal with or get stuck with the issue which is VERY well known.

If they are in fact the ones with the tact switch issue, it would be a lot easier for you to sell them as "Smarthome Remanufactured" than "sat around for years and may or may not work reliably"...

Aaron,

As Gatchel said, trying to help you here. Send them back to SH and get new ones for free. You will then have ver 5's to sell and you won't have to deal with someone comming back to YOU when they fail.

I would do that with the ones you already installed as well. The paddle issue happens to pretty much all of them sooner or later. Mine started failing after about 2 years and about half of them failed before I simply pulled all of them and RMA'd them.

And the fix occured at ver 3.2 in 2007 for the 2476d's (according to the SH rep I dealt with on the phone).

Lou

I did not know about the issues - nor that SH would replace them for free. I will call SH tomorrow to ask about it and post back. Thx for the info.

I did make the assumption that you bought them from SH. If not, they won't do it. But if you bought from another authorized dealer they should honor it too.

Depending on who you get on the phone, they will either just say OK, here is your RMA, or, they might give you some run-around.

Just tell them you have switches with "the paddle issue" and leave it at that. By the way, if you haven't seen this posted all over this and other forums, the paddle issue is that when you push the on or off side of the paddle, it doesn't sense the touch and thus nothing happens. Sometimes hitting it twice gets it to work or hitting it harder or wiggling while pushing. Sometimes it won't work at all, then a few days later it will. What it comes down to, is that behind the top and bottom of the paddle is a micro-switch (also called tact-switch). This little switch is what makes the "click" noise when you use the paddle. Anyway, it gets all finicky. I had it happen to switches that I almost never used as well as ones I used every day. I am guessing they were made of inferior metal which tarnishes and thus fails to make electrical contact. Probably a 10 cent part ruining a $50 switch.

Just another FYI, the ver 5's are much better. They have a beeper in them and use dramatically less electricity than the others.

Back