Generic lighting scene question

I'm trying to understand this scene control better. Given the following

switch 1, switch 2, switch 3

scene 1 - switch 1 on 75%, switch 2 on 75%
scene 2 - switch 2 on 25%, switch 3 on 25%

I'm not sure if this next part veries by scene controller or not but here goes.

If I press the scene 1 button. an indicator light on the scene 1 control lights up, switch 1 comes on 75% and switch 2 comes on at 75%
If I press the scene 1 button again, the indicator light goes off, and both switches go off.

If I press the scene 1 button. an indicator light on the scene 1 control lights up, switch 1 comes on 75% and switch 2 comes on at 75%
If I press the scene 2 button, an indicator light on the scene 1 control goes off, and scene 2 goes on, switch one goes off, switch 2 dims to 25% and switch 3 comes on to 25%

Is this correct?

Secondly, is there a way to control the scene 2 control indicator light, for example, my scene 2 is a bedtime scene, If I press it, the lights dim, and then via some computer controller, they dim again, then finally turn off. When I turn everything off, can it also turn off the indicator light on the scene controller? or does this vary by computer program and by scene controller?

If I press the scene 2 button, an indicator light on the scene 1 control goes off, and scene 2 goes on, switch one goes off, switch 2 dims to 25% and switch 3 comes on to 25%

Is this correct?
Hi, Calypso:

When you activate scene 2, switch one will NOT go off. Switch one is not a part of scene 2 (as you defined it above), and activating one scene does not deactivate all other scenes. Only lights that are part of that newly-activated scene should be affected.

A lot depends on what technology you are using, but I believe that the above applies to most all of them.

A lot depends on what technology you are using, but I believe that the above applies to most all of them.
Yes it does. My Lutron system as 3 distinct logic modes for "Scene" control.

Scene Logic - Keypad button is lit as long as ALL the programmed lights are on to set levels.

Room Logic - Keypad button is lit as long as ANY programmed lights are ON at ANY level

Path Logic - Keypad button is lit as long as ALL programmed lights are ON at ANY level. (Worthless if you ask me.)

So given your scenario:

In "Scene Logic", the Scene 1 indicator would go off, but Switch 1 would have stayed on.

In "Room Logic" the Scene 1 indicator would have stayed on because at least one of its devices (Switches 1&2) were ON.

Now you could have programmed Switch 1 to go to 0% in either logic, but even if you did, using "Room Logic", the Scene 1 indicator would have remained lit as Switch 2 was still ON.

Back