Girder 5 connection to M1

Boomer

This week I downloaded the free trial version of Girder 5 along with the ELK plug-in to try before I buy it. It appears to be a very capable system at a reasonable price. I have not however been able to completely connect to my M1. I have the latest versions of all ELK firmwares installed. Also, I have 2 TS07 panels running.

When Girder tries to connect to the M1, it starts discovery but it never completes. I am connecting using the non-secure port 2101 that the TS07's use. I do not have any users names and codes set up for the M1XEP. The TS07's do require a user code to connect. Also the virtual keypad in the from the M1XEP requires a user code to connect. The ELK plug-in for Girder does not have a place to enter a user code. I think the M1 is looking for a user code to allow a connection to Girder and complete discovery.

So my question is for those of you using Girder, how do you get it to connect and complete discovery. I guess I must be missing something.

Thanks for your help!
Boomer

Boomer,

As far as I know, there is no password required to connect to the Elk. Do you see any errors in the LUA console window? Have you tried connecting Girder to the Elk without the TS07's connected?

I have not upgraded my panel to the latest firmware yet to test. Looks like I need to get that done.

Thanks harleydude for the reply (I am also posting this in the Girger 5 forum but I will keep it going here since you wrote the plug-in).

The IP settings are the same in the component manager and the ELK and I am using port 2101. I also terminated the TS07 connections to see if that was an issue. It was not. Girder shows "Status: Connection to panel established" then changes to "Status: OK[starting discovery]. The discovery never completes. I have also unpowered and repowered the M1XEP to reset it. Checking the LUA console there are a large number of "node" listed. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!
Boomer

I just tried this and it didn't work for me either (Girder & Elk Plugin).... Tried the Ultraplugin for Homeseer which worked but in my opinion Homeseer is a very clumsy program from a user interface point of view, reminds me of the old dos based programs before windows... Maybe Mainlobby will be better...

I use Girder with the Elk M1 plugin, over IP, and have no issues at all, I'd wait for harleydude to respond to this thread before giving up.

Did a fresh download and install. Connected via Ethernet... tried both ports 2601 and 2101. There are no firewall issues. Either it never gets past the connecting stage or hangs on the discovery process.... Did many restarts and resets...

Elk RP works fine with the Ethernet interface thats on the local network.

There are log files located in the c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Girder\5\logs, please upload those here for me to look at.

Thanks

Will reload again someday, maybe.... I spend a lot of time getting things to work that should already work but I decided to draw the line with this one... This is a working connection that works with other software... Its just way to time consuming for me to spend any time on.
I tried the Homseer plug in for Elk and it worked fine (with minor coaxing) ... overall I didn't like Homeseer but at least it worked. These plug-in's seem like a bit of an afterthought, far from a commercial product.

Not sure what to say about this..... I know quite a few people that use Girder and this plugin without any problem.

Wow.....

BKLLC,
Although you're under no obligation to participate in the debugging process, I'm sure Harleydude would appreciate the opportunity to fix the problem you're experiencing. User-feedback is valued by software developers but collaboration holds even greater value.

I wrote an ELK driver and its development was shaped by feedback, and collaboration, from the Premise community. I encourage you to invest a few more minutes of your time to help Harleydude resolve the problem you've encountered.

Without the ability to see your log files, I will not be able to determine the problem you are having, nor will I be able to help future users. As 123 can attest, I have spent a lot of time working on this plug-in. If there is a problem, I would like to understand what the problem is and correct it.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate your offer and I don't want to not respond so I'll just say that I don't have time to persue it right now I will certainly pick it up again at some point.... Regards, Brian

Back