Gun Turret Video

Oooo... a paint-gun version would be just fine... permanent paint prolly wouldn't land the shooter in the pokey, but might the intruder. :ph34r:

This is what I ordered for bigger guns :
SWEET SERVOS & MOUNTS

Should have it built out in a few days depending on shipping times.

The trigger part will change depending on the gun you want to use, but the gun I use is just for safety while developing.

Imagine a Tazer on the turret with a laser site, you shoot and zap the thief until the cops arrive. He will never forget his visit to your house while rotting in jail (maybe next to your cell for shooting him, but that is another matter =)

Hey, If you live out in the country or North Korea and want to put an AK47 on there, It will work, just get stonger servos.

This setup would be about $200 with decent servos, but you are looking at $400 to control a real assault rifle =) I will have about $300 in parts on the next model. Don't take the prices too literally, but just know the only difference in your application is the price of servos and the gun itself.

Anyways, the video got 27K+ hits today, so I hope some people come and visit here. I got a volenteer to help with my site, so hopefully it may stay current and get some upgrades soon.

Vaughn
vCrib

ver0776 said:
Imagine a Tazer on the turret with a laser site, you shoot and zap the thief until the cops arrive. He will never forget his visit to your house while rotting in jail (maybe next to your cell for shooting him, but that is another matter =)

Vaughn
vCrib
Thats what I was thinking right away, 1 turrent tazer and a perimeter of electrodes.

Put it on an RC car and you can taze them once and then just hang out next too them bumping and giving them a few more as it takes a little while for the cops to arrive.

IIRC I don't think the law cares much BB gun or pistol, I would be very careful with who saw you had that. :ph34r:

Rupp, several toy places sell the Airsoft guns online. I have a store just up the street from my house that I go to so I can feel the guns, check their balance, triggers, and test fire them. Importantly, I have to look at the design and make sure I can hacksaw off the spare plastic.

The decent airsoft guns that can do 380fps+ are hundreds of dollars though, and most of them only carry about 40 rounds. I am about to go upto the store now, show then the video and have them help me pick a few new guns. If I find some neat ones I will post some model numbers.

Vaughn

Back