HAI 3.0 Firmware and PC Access Out

Also as an additional note, I found that it took about 80 seconds for my file to open.
Apparently this only happened on the first open after the upgrade. I've open the file (and other files) several times since and it's only taken a few seconds.

-- Dave

The first time I loaded an old file, it didn't take too long to load, and I have about 650ish lines of code. Reloading only takes a few seconds.

I have already upgraded to a newer version of PC Access 3.0, but not sure of the differences as I can't find a release file.

Paul

I have PC Access, 3.0 Dealer Software (upgraded from 2.16) and I have downloaded the Firmware 2.16 and 3.0 firmware updates. However, the Firmware update option under the Communications menu is grayed out and you can’t click on it. I’m accessing my OmniPro II over the network. It has a 2.15a Chip in it (upgraded just a year ago). Also, when PC Access starts up, it shows the current Firmware as 2.15A. I also tried to do a firmware upgrade using the old 2.16 PC Access. It recognizes the new Firmware but delivers an unidentified error when you tell it to update with the new Firmware file. Is my 215A chip not flash upgradable? I just upgraded the chip and the board a year ago to change it from an Aegis 3000 to the most current OmniProII. I thought it was flash upgradable, but maybe I was mistaken.

PS: I also have the problem with the Thermostats. No information at all. They are RC-122 Thermostats.

I have PC Access, 3.0 Dealer Software (upgraded from 2.16) and I have downloaded the Firmware 2.16 and 3.0 firmware updates. However, the Firmware update option under the Communications menu is grayed out and you can’t click on it. I’m accessing my OmniPro II over the network. It has a 2.15a Chip in it (upgraded just a year ago). Also, when PC Access starts up, it shows the current Firmware as 2.15A. I also tried to do a firmware upgrade using the old 2.16 PC Access. It recognizes the new Firmware but delivers an unidentified error when you tell it to update with the new Firmware file. Is my 215A chip not flash upgradable? I just upgraded the chip and the board a year ago to change it from an Aegis 3000 to the most current OmniProII. I thought it was flash upgradable, but maybe I was mistaken.

PS: I also have the problem with the Thermostats. No information at all. They are RC-122 Thermostats.

Hi

Did you need to replace the chip when you upgraded the firmware last time?
If so then your controller is not flash upgradeable, and you will need to buy a new chip with the new firmware on it.

I think the flash upgradeable boards have been released just under a year, I know I had an old style one at first, but my installer swapped it out for the newer style one during the summer, as I had run out of serial ports.

Paul

Hi

Did you need to replace the chip when you upgraded the firmware last time?
If so then your controller is not flash upgradeable, and you will need to buy a new chip with the new firmware on it.

I think the flash upgradeable boards have been released just under a year, I know I had an old style one at first, but my installer swapped it out for the newer style one during the summer, as I had run out of serial ports.

Paul

Yes, they took my Aegis board and sent out a OmniPro II board, which, yes, included a new chip. then, within 60 days, they announced the 3.0 software and firmware. I would have waited if I'd known. Maybe they'll just swap my chip.

Anthony and Ano,

What type of thermostats do you guys have (RC2000, RC80, etc), what thermostat numbers are they, etc. The more information you can give the better, it's pretty hard to to track down bugs when the number of possibilities is almost endless. When it first loads, does it display the correct info and it just doesn't update, or does it never show the correct info?

My thermostats are RC80's. One newer with backlighting, one older on without. Both display as 0 for temp and temp set points.

I have the latest video driver, and just using the standard Intel Motherboard video. Load time is long first time, second time, etc. This brings up another issue. It's fine if a PC Access 3.0 is not compatible with PC Access 2.x, but it would be nice, if before your PC Access 2.x file was overwritten you would provide a warning. None is. You keep PC Access 2.x on the machine during the upgrade, implying PC Access 3.0 files can be read. They can't be.

I also noticed that PC Access 3.0 takes about twice as long to download to the panel than PC Access 2.x (over network)

O.K. I updated to the latest version of PC Access 3.0 and that does fix the slow download problem.

For those of you with firmware below 2.16 having trouble seeing your thermostats:

Make sure when you connect to the panel via the network, you are using the UDP setting and not TCP setting as the Omnilink II protocol did not exist until 2.16. To change the settings, click on Options -> Network and change the setting.

If you're having problems with the thermostats not showing their status, download the newest update.

Hi

I have a question on the use of AND and OR together, in the following code:-

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C SYS HEAT ON
AND IF BED 1 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF BED 4/5 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF BED 6/7 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF KITCHEN MODE IS COOL
THEN A/C SYS HEAT OFF
THEN BED 1 MODE COOL
THEN BED 4/5 MODE COOL
THEN BED 6/7 MODE COOL
THEN KITCHEN MODE COOL

Will the following happen

Every 5 seconds AND if sys heat on AND (bed 1 is cool OR bed4/5 is cool OR bed 6/7 is cool OR kitchen is cool) then run the above commands.

It would be easier if I could trigger on a AC mode change, but I can't do this.

Paul

Hi

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C SYS HEAT ON
OR
OR
OR
THEN A/C SYS HEAT OFF
THEN BED 1 MODE COOL
THEN BED 4/5 MODE COOL
THEN BED 6/7 MODE COOL
THEN KITCHEN MODE COOL

Every 5 seconds AND if sys heat on AND (bed 1 is cool OR bed4/5 is cool OR bed 6/7 is cool OR kitchen is cool) then run the above commands.

Paul
Paul,

The logic is evaluated as follows. First, any one of the triggers must occur. Then the first block of "and if" statements is evaluated. If all the "and if" statements in the block are true, the actions will be executed. If any of the "and if" statements in the block are not true, the controller will look for another block of "and if" statements separated from the previous block by an "or" statement. If all the "and if" statements are true in this block, then the actions will be executed. If not, the next "and if" block will be checked and so on. Logically speaker, the order of precedence is "and" then "or".

For example:

WHEN something happens
AND IF condition 1
AND IF condition 2
OR
AND IF condition 3
AND IF condition 4
OR
AND IF condition 5
THEN do something

is evaluated as:

WHEN something happens and [(condition 1 and condition 2) or (condition 3 and condition 4) or (condition 5)] then do something.

In your example, you would need to add the "AND IF A/C HEAT ON" to each "AND IF" block. Another way of doing this would be to use a couple of buttons to evaluate a set of conditions based upon the state of an item.

For example:

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C HEAT ON
THEN RUN CHECK HEAT

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C HEAT OFF
THEN RUN CHECK COOL

WHEN CHECK HEAT
AND IF A/C 1 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF A/C 2 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF A/C 3 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
THEN A/C HEAT OFF
THEN A/C 1 MODE COOL
THEN A/C 2 MODE COOL
THEN A/C 3 MODE COOL

WHEN CHECK COOL
AND IF A/C 1 SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
OR
AND IF A/C 2 SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
OR
AND IF A/C 3 SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
THEN A/C HEAT ON
THEN A/C 1 MODE HEAT
THEN A/C 2 MODE HEAT
THEN A/C 3 MODE HEAT

It all depends on exactly what you're trying to accomplish. There may be other ways of doing this, too.

Hi

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C SYS HEAT ON
OR
OR
OR
THEN A/C SYS HEAT OFF
THEN BED 1 MODE COOL
THEN BED 4/5 MODE COOL
THEN BED 6/7 MODE COOL
THEN KITCHEN MODE COOL

Paul
Paul,

The logic is evaluated as follows. First, any one of the triggers must occur. Then the first block of "and if" statements is evaluated. If all the "and if" statements in the block are true, the actions will be executed. If any of the "and if" statements in the block are not true, the controller will look for another block of "and if" statements separated from the previous block by an "or" statement. If all the "and if" statements are true in this block, then the actions will be executed. If not, the next "and if" block will be checked and so on. Logically speaker, the order of precedence is "and" then "or".

For example:

WHEN something happens
AND IF condition 1
AND IF condition 2
OR
AND IF condition 3
AND IF condition 4
OR
AND IF condition 5
THEN do something

is evaluated as:

WHEN something happens and [(condition 1 and condition 2) or (condition 3 and condition 4) or (condition 5)] then do something.

In your example, you would need to add the "AND IF A/C HEAT ON" to each "AND IF" block. Another way of doing this would be to use a couple of buttons to evaluate a set of conditions based upon the state of an item.

For example:

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C HEAT ON
THEN RUN CHECK HEAT

EVERY 5 SECONDS
AND IF A/C HEAT OFF
THEN RUN CHECK COOL

WHEN CHECK HEAT
AND IF A/C 1 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF A/C 2 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
OR
AND IF A/C 3 SYSTEM MODE IS COOL
THEN A/C HEAT OFF
THEN A/C 1 MODE COOL
THEN A/C 2 MODE COOL
THEN A/C 3 MODE COOL

WHEN CHECK COOL
AND IF A/C 1 SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
OR
AND IF A/C 2 SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
OR
AND IF A/C 3 SYSTEM MODE IS HEAT
THEN A/C HEAT ON
THEN A/C 1 MODE HEAT
THEN A/C 2 MODE HEAT
THEN A/C 3 MODE HEAT

It all depends on exactly what you're trying to accomplish. There may be other ways of doing this, too.

My home that has the hAI in is an rental home, and the code is part of a set that is meant to deal with the a/c system. This code is meant to check that if one of the a/c units has been changed to COOL when the system was heat then change all the A/C units to cool, and set the A/c system flag to cool.

this is to stop guests having cooling and heating in the house which will cause increase costs.

Are there any plans to increase the number of triggers, as writing code that runs every 5 seconds is not very efficient.

Paul

For those of you having trouble with PC Access asking to reboot after updating. Close the dialog box and any copies of PC Access that are running and then go to My Documents/HAI/PC Access/_download/ and click on the installer located there. Go through the normal process and everything should be back to normal.

O.K. I downloaded the latest PC Access 3.0 Version 3.0.0.426

So the good news, it now does read the thermostats. The bad news, it takes a LONG time to load again. In excess of 60 seconds, and I have less than 100 lines of programming.

I thought maybe my file was corrupted, so downloaded from the panel and saved. Same thing. I notice at the bottom of the screen it says this:
Interrupted Function Call (10004)
Connecting via network.

ano,

Can you elaborate on the "LONG time to load" problems you are reporting?

First are you connecting TCP or UDP?

When you say "load" are you referring to reading from or writing to the controller?

The 10004 is a standard windows socket error. This is most often associated with communications errors. Can you provide more info about your connection to the Omni. Specifically is the Omni local to your PC, or are you connecting across the Internet? Are you going across a wireless link?

I want to try to narrow down the problem and see if we can find a solution.

Back