HAI 35A00-1 600W Dimming problem. Load issue?

Doofy

PROBLEM:
Using one HAI 35A00-1 600W Dimming Switch to control 7 120V dimmable LED lamps. Dimming enabled in Upstart and Elk M1, but LED lights won't dim from either. All other dimmable switches in house operate correctly.

FINDINGS:
Switch controls load to 17 Dimmable LED light bulbs rated at 2 Watts each (34 Watts total). When I replaced one bulb with a 25W incandescent increasing load to over 50 Watts, Dimming worked flawlessly! I changed the bulbs back n forth a couple times with same results. I'm aware that certain plug type switches require minimum loads, but am not aware of this requirement for the HAI 35A00-1.

What is also confusing is that I had just finished testing for over a month, one same 2 Watt LED bulb in a light fixture controlled by another HAI 35A00-1 (2 Watt total load at switch) and it dimmed perfectly as well. No apparent load requirement. Both switches were HAI 35A00-1 Dimmers. Only noticeable difference was that the firmware for "Working" switch was at 1.02 and "Non-Working" at 1.04.

Is there a minimum load requirement for firmware 1.04? Might this behavior occur from a miswired switch? What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Back