• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

HAI ZWave thermostat

I see HAI has a Zwave thermostat in their product guide for 2007. Any ideas on when we might see it?

I'm looking for a thermostat for mControl to control and looking at the new HAI one, the RCS Zwave one, or hardwaring an existing HAI one.

ChrisWalker

The HAI one looked pretty at CES a few weeks ago. Also, there was another thermostat being shown off that is supposed to retail for less than $100. I'm not sure what the brand is on that one.

Chris

Micah

I have the RCS TZ-16 Z-Wave thermostat and like it just fine. I went with the TZ-16 because, at the time, only it and the HomePro ZTT000 were available and the ZTT000 is ugly as sin.

The TZ-16 is extremely basic as far as thermostats go. You can't program it at the wall to schedule temp changes, etc. It has to be told when to change from the Z-Wave network (pc or remote) but if that's not a deal breaker for you then it may be suitable for what you need.

AutomatedOutlet

The HAI Zwave tstat should be ready pretty soon. I think they are waiting until they get the Zwave interface totally complete. For OmniProII systems, you will need firmware version 2.14 I believe.