Haiku Haiku 4.0 sneak peek and a few details...

Will Haiku V4 and/or Haiku helper have support for:
1) Virtual Audio Numeric Keypads (Russound in particular.)
2) HD Cameras, specifically H.264 stream? If so what FPS?

Thanks!

lupinglade said:
H.264 support is coming. More advanced keypads will be supported in an update.
How many FPS in the initial implementation of H.264?
Advanced keypads in an update to Haiku V4.0 or to the current V3?
Thank you!

It's hard to say how many FPS, as it depends on the camera, the resolution, the device its running on, the network connection and the number of cameras being shown. For a single 720p stream it looks to play quite smooth

The keypads will come as an update to the new version.

I am really getting excited about the latest version. 

Can you recommend any iBeacons?

Will the user be able to control devices by voice using Siri? (If not, will it be possible in the future? - Without setting up a dedicated server etc..)

Thanks,

Jim 

1. What will be the hardware requirements for the new version of Haiku? Will any ipad be able to run it?
2. Will there also be a new version of Haiku Helper and if so, what will the hardware requirements be?

Lastly, and I suspect I know the answer to this - are there any plans for an Android version?

Any iBeacon should work, you can pick the best one for each particular use.

Regarding the other questions, I will post a thread explaining everything shortly.

wandering if you had a more approximate date for the release of the new version? or more screenshots and maybe a feature list?

BTW, one feature that would be really useful is the ability to embed other apps or widgets within the haiku home screen, e.g. calendar, alarm, etc so that the ipad can be wall-mounted without exclusively reserving it for Haiku only. Or ensuring that it can run in the background and pop to the front if an event occurs.

Back