Haiku Haiku 4.0 sneak peek and a few details...

Lupingdale - I hate to take your time away from development, but I was was wondering if V4 (now or eventually) will allow us to replace (and or enhance) the functions of an omni touch screen (or in my case not buy them all together) with iPads? With all the Black Friday sales here in the U.S. this week it would be a good time to pick up a couple of iPads. Basically, I want to mount them around the house and have HaikuHelper/web or Haiku act in a "Console Mode" on them. Controlling lights, buttons, security and very importantly pop-up camera support.

Happy Holiday to everyone!

How many iBeacons you need will depend on how you want to use them. Do you want to be able to cover specific rooms or areas separately or just be able to tell that you are home? Whether this is a multistory or single story home would likely make a difference as well. I think the coverage area of different beacons will also be different. You'll want to look at the beacon specs and base your beacon count on that.

lupinglade said:
Yes, 3.14 I believe.
hey could we have some more screen shots of the app? or even better a little video teaser.  I am so exited for your app i just cannot wait.

Aww... That's bad for us with an old board that doesn't support flashing... The old version allowed pop-up even with old firmwares.

lupinglade said:
Camera popups will be supported using the new camera popup commands added to the panels recently.

Pop-ups on an iPad running the Haiku app?
Pop-ups in a web browser using Haiku Helper?

Both will be supported. Initially just on the iOS app though as the helper equivalent is still in development. The helper is growing up and going to be much more than just a helper now ;) It's rewritten also and can essentially take charge of the entire system now.

While it is a paid upgrade, it is a complete rewrite and we spent lot of time getting it ready! There are more big news coming, too.

Back