Hardwire Expander Issue

SpeedKills661

First off, thanks to all of you as I have learned so much from this board already.  I found the answers to all of my questions so far in here, but I have one I can't figure out.

I have an OmniProII.  My first expander worked great and I added a second for additional security zones.  It worked for a day, but as I was wiring additional zones, the consoles started beeping.  The only way to get them to stop was disconnecting the second expander.  I have removed all of the wires from the second expander and removed the second expander through PC Access, but as soon as I hook up the jumper from the first expander to the second, the consoles start beeping.  Is the second expander bad?  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The docs aren't very good for adding the second expander.
You have to set the address jumpers on the board to expander number two.

Also pay attention to the ribbon cables that you have it installed correctly.
When I first installed mine I was offset one column of pins which caused all kinds of weird effects.

Is there any message on the console to accompany the beeping?

I did set the jumper on the second board to the two position, the first expander is in the one position. The ribbon cable was definitely in right.

I do get a bunch of error messages, it says most of the zones are not ready, even if they are, and it says some of the zones have trouble, but they don't. I get these error messages on zones that are in the first expander too, but only when the second one is connected.

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I just installed my first expansion board and I'm getting error messages too. I'm getting trouble alerts for one zone and none of the zones change states. Any suggestions?

Desert_AIP said:
Did you configure them in PCAccess?
Hardwire Expansion boards are different from Expansion Enclosures.
I went to the console went to setup - installer - expansion and changed module 1 from 0 to 1. Then in PC Access I read from the controller and I could see the 16 zones. I named the zones, but under status they all show up as secure (255 loop). When I put a 1Kohm resistor across a zone it doesn't change the loop value.

Back