Harmony Remote

AutomatedOutlet

Has anyone used one of these? A friend of mine just got one and it looked really neat. All of the programming is doen on the website and then downloaded to the remote. It does all of the x10 commands and also did all of the Compose commands without any special programming.

What do you think?

www.harmonyremote.com

Hi Martin:

I saw their booth over at CES and took this photo HERE.

I don't know if I threw away the Dealer form mentioned in that post since nobody seemed interested at that time.

They looked pretty cool and have a very active support website with a vast library of remote codes.

BSR

I sent them an email last week but haven't heard back from them. I played with one a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with it.

I sent them an email last week but haven't heard back from them. I played with one a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with it.

I considered some of Harmony's remotes when I was in the market, but ended-up with a Home Theater Master MX700. I think , for a true power-user (which most of us here are) the Home Theater Master and Phillips' Pronto remotes are the only ones that are completely customizable, and then between them the choice is made between whether you want hard keys or a touchscreen.

I chose the MX700 because I like buttons that I can feel, so I don't have to look at the screen to know which button I'm pressing.

OK, now I'm going over to RC to read the review before I finish this post...

Now reading the reviews of the Harmony SST-659 at remote central, it looks very promising. It looks like the gripe most people have with it is the programing interface, but the good news is that's easy to fix. Maybe if this remote had been out when I bought my MX700 last summer, I may have opted for it. It looks like it's average retail is $200, which is what I paid for my MX700, but had to get it from a non-authorized retailer to avoid paying the $349 retail price.

that remote looks incredible! I have software to turn my PPC into a pronto like device, but I just can't get over the fact that it's one big touch screen LCD, and who doesn't eat while changing channels, or abuses their remote (drop it, throw it, sit on it ...), this really is a great solution.

I heard that at the CES show they were having a big sale on the for $100. I wonder what they would sell 100 of them to me for... Still haven't heard back from them.

I heard that at the CES show they were having a big sale on the for $100. I wonder what they would sell 100 of them to me for... Still haven't heard back from them.

Martin:

I found my bag of stuff from CES (hadn't thrown it away after all). In it I found this business card from Harmony:

Peter Evans
Customer Support Manager
2355 Skymark Avenue, Suite 200
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4W 4Y6
905-273-4571 ext 402, Office
866-291-1505, Toll Free
416-434-2041 Mobile
905-273-9789, Fax
[email protected]
www.harmonyremote.com

This was the person that gave me the demo of their remotes at CES. I would tell him about not hearing from them and I'll bet someone gets back to you.

I also found some brouchures on their remotes I could fax to you if you want.

I ALSO found the Dealer Purchase Order sheet that he gave to me. It will let you purchase the following Harmony Remotes at their special CES Dealer prices:

Model SST-659 for $120 (black)
Model SST-688 for $140 (black or silver)
Model SST-768 for $135 (silver, blue, or red)

Also with a purchase of an SST-659 you can purchase an SST-688 or SST-768 for $100 (one per customer). Limit of two items of each product per customer.

Shipping and Handling is a flat $15.

This is a BLANK order form so I could fax it to you if you would like. There is no expiration date on the order so hopefully they will still honor these prices. :unsure:

Later,

BSR

Worthington is having a sale on Harmony remotes. Here is a snapshot of their homepage at http://www.worthington.com:

Just found out Worthingtons will be opening up a place here in Las Vegas for walk in sales. Wow, first Fry's comes here and now this. Is this heaven or what!! Now if we could just get a professional hockey team here I may never leave this place.

Attachments

• Harmony.jpg
    Harmony.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 20
BSR,

Thanks for the guy's info. I called him and got him in his car. He's going to call me when he gets into the office after lunch and get me the info.

If you get a chance to fax it, that would be great. My fax number is 801-705-1512

Thanks!

Looking into the SST-659. The WAF stays high if I stick with the TiVo style remote that my wife is used to.

Will then get a Pronto for my setup in the basement. ;-)

Back