Has anyone used a Denkovi ethernet relay board with homeseer?

This is great, thank you. We have a customer looking at a Luxom board, but this will do the trick too. Passed it along...thanks for posting!

Very nice John. 

I noticed it appears to have been discontinued and replaced by this one which has a bit more bells and whistles.

You could just send commands to it just about any way you want with Homeseer.

thumb_311.jpg

Ethernet 12 relay module - Web, TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP API, E-mails

Ethernet IP Relay I/O module for remote management and control with Virtual Serial Port, TCP/IP, Web, HTTP API, Telnet, SMTP (E-mails). It has 12 SPDT Relays (up to 15A), 8 digital inputs (0-12V), 8 analog inputs (0-10V) and one UART port (3.3V). Inputs can be adjusted to control relays (standalone mode) or control outputs of another over the LAN/WAN (box-to-box mode). Relays can be set on daily basics schedule. Suitable for remote control, home automation, data acquisition, sensor processing, alarm systems, PLC applications. Now with FREE iOS App!

Thanks for the link. Now I want to find a project just to try this thing on. If I hadn't turned my home-brewing hobby into a business (now with Allen-Bradley PLCs), I'd so build an automated home-brewing system with this! 

I've been yearning for a new Big Green Egg controller, so maybe I'll build my own. None of the smoking controllers out there give me the ability to set up a smoking program that is as smart as I'd like. It's overkill, but hey, that's kind-of the point right? :rockon:

I'm such a gadget squirrel. 

Hi Pete,

what do you mean that you can operate this board by just sending homeseer commands? can you pls expand?

I am trying to decide what system to use... trying to control some windows that operate with 24v DC. Doing research if homeseer is the way to go and researching relay option. Want to come up with a solution where i press and the contact stays on for a determined number of seconds enough to close the window. To open the window I will need to do the same but changing the polarity..... any guidance or help will be  greatly appreciated.

tks

pete_c said:
Very nice John. 

I noticed it appears to have been discontinued and replaced by this one which has a bit more bells and whistles.

You could just send commands to it just about any way you want with Homeseer.

thumb_311.jpg

Ethernet 12 relay module - Web, TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP API, E-mails

Ethernet IP Relay I/O module for remote management and control with Virtual Serial Port, TCP/IP, Web, HTTP API, Telnet, SMTP (E-mails). It has 12 SPDT Relays (up to 15A), 8 digital inputs (0-12V), 8 analog inputs (0-10V) and one UART port (3.3V). Inputs can be adjusted to control relays (standalone mode) or control outputs of another over the LAN/WAN (box-to-box mode). Relays can be set on daily basics schedule. Suitable for remote control, home automation, data acquisition, sensor processing, alarm systems, PLC applications. Now with FREE iOS App!

Optimistically guessing here that you can telnet / with a command to the device.  Note that I am using Linux for my Homeseer box.

You can do a one liner or short script telnet command in Homeseer to the device.

use a short script in Homeseer like:

#!/bin/sh

# ./script.sh | telnet
echo 'open localhost XXXX'
sleep 1
echo $1
sleep 1
echo 'quit'
command line would be:

./script.sh ‘1|showXXX | telnet  whereas showXXX is some device telnet command

If the web page allows for control then just do it manually watching the console and use the same commands from Homeseer created in an event; test it manually triggering the event.

HomeSeer also supports the use of Arduinos through a couple of different plugins, so you could also build your own with an Arduino and a relay module.  There are some other options as well.

Cheers
Al
jmrosado said:
Hi Pete,

what do you mean that you can operate this board by just sending homeseer commands? can you pls expand?

I am trying to decide what system to use... trying to control some windows that operate with 24v DC. Doing research if homeseer is the way to go and researching relay option. Want to come up with a solution where i press and the contact stays on for a determined number of seconds enough to close the window. To open the window I will need to do the same but changing the polarity..... any guidance or help will be  greatly appreciated.

tks

Back