Help with "connecting" two houses, please.

Finally received the second GE/HAI wireless rcvr. and have Opie and George M coming up to help out with the install today. I hope to get some pic's and I'll return later to report how things went.

Thanks again to everyone involved!

If you find that you need anything else to do what is best let me know and I will see what I can do. Its a tough situation and technology can help make it safer.

If you find that you need anything else to do what is best let me know and I will see what I can do. Its a tough situation and technology can help make it safer.
Digger, you're right. Technology CAN make it better.

So, it was a long day but, I am sitting down (ahhhhh) with a deep sense of satisfaction. George M and Opie joined me today. We (or at least I) had a good day and we got a lot done. The fellas had me laughing with them and I'm sure that they were laughing AT me the whole time. We got the Ge rcvr's installed on both homes A wrist band and two GE wireless send a request from my neighbor's house to my home for help and then my system checks (via RFID) to see if I'm home. If I am, my home then sends an ACK back to their home and let's 'em know that assistance is coming. Once their home "see's" the ACK, it ensures that the garage overhead door opens and thus, I can gain entry (that way, the little one can't lock me out very easily). Their rig also provides a voice prompt to let them know that the ACK came through. If I'm not at home, my CQC system generates an email and let's me know that assistance is needed. That gives me the opportunity to call my neighbor and see what's up. If need be, I can get a hold of others to hustle over there. The transmitters EASILY make the 100-120' foot gap between the two homes and I couldn't be more pleased with the gear. Super cool, in my opinion and a real blessing to some folks who could use it.

I thank God for all you guy's help, support, ideas, gear and good wishes! Cocoontech is a VERY special place and I consider it my home away from home.

Sounds like a pretty good setup. Glad you guys got it up and running in one day. You had the hard part installing it.

If needs change over time let me know. I am more than happy to contribute to a good cause like this.

This thread is an oldie (but a goody) and I wanted to touch base and update. Over time, my little neighbor has been getting therapy and adjusting his meds. As it turns out, he is doing so well that we are now discussing taking the system down. I haven't had to respond in a number of months (8 or 9). We will likely just re-purpose the wireless contacts into my neighbor's home as standard security sensors (we have had break ins in the neighborhood). With that said, the solution worked very well and I still feel very grateful for all that you guys here at CT have done and once again thank everyone involved.

Back